• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SGT Dave

Very Tired
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Kyle, TX
    Where do you all shoot in the Kyle/Buda area? Lone Star in Lockhart is a little too free-for-all for me. Is the next closest New Braunfels? Anyone recommend McQueeny or Dietz? Any other options?
    Lynx Defense

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Is "The Range In Austin" still open on 35 at the south edge of town? I haven't shot there, but I did take a quick tour and it looks nice. Been a couple of years since I've been in the area though.

SGT Dave

Very Tired
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Kyle, TX
    It's still there, but $25/hr or $55/mo is a bit bonkers to me. McQueeny is $20/hr and $25/mo. I've never been to either. Dietz is $15/day, but i don't know their membership rate.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Yeah, that's a bit pricey (and when have I ever spent just an hour at a range?). Sorry, it's the one that came to mind. I don't know if Red's in Oak Hill is still there or not - it would be the other one I can think of in the area.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    Yeah, that's a bit pricey (and when have I ever spent just an hour at a range?). Sorry, it's the one that came to mind. I don't know if Red's in Oak Hill is still there or not - it would be the other one I can think of in the area.

Closed a couple months ago, didnt it?

Txmark

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Mustang Ridge
    I'm a member of Austin Rifle Club. I find it very affordable. It's a private outdoor range.

It's a bit of drive (about half hour drive from Buda) but worth it.

https://austinrifleclub.org/

I’m also a member there. For a flat fee per year and come / go as you please, it is money well spent. Safety is the number one priority, not revenue. There are 11 different types of ranges available for pistol, rimfire and centerfire rifle. Up to 200 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Me

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I'm with you OP, Lone Star is kind of a zoo. I'm in San Marcos and the other closest one is Dietz (I'm a member there). However with another ten minutes of driving, there's Bexar Community Shooting center, Lone Star Handgun (which is really nice), and Cedar Ridge. I've only been to Austin Rifle Club once with a member on here, and if I lived closer...

Bisdak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2020
    8.5011135, 124.6643295
    Austin Rifle Club taking new memberships? I’m fairly new to the area. Been a member at Red’s but it’s a static range. Looking for a more flexible range around.

15RTPlus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    If you go to this link: https://austinrifleclub.org/new-cal/ it shows the new member safety evaluation from 5:45 to 6:30 and new Member orientation starting at 6:30 on July 1st.

If you look at the FAQ's there is explanation of what's required.

Jeff

Austin Rifle Club taking new memberships? I’m fairly new to the area. Been a member at Red’s but it’s a static range. Looking for a more flexible range around.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    A bit pricey?

Way over the top pricey..., but ole P.T. Barnum was right - suckers, one born every minute........
    To imply anyone that uses The Range at Austin is a sucker is the epitome of ignorance. Granted, they are not my choice when I feel like spending a few hours lolligagging around a shooting bench but it is an excellent range for when you want to get in and get out. I plan ahead what I want to shoot and load the mags ahead of time. For me, an hour is plenty of time to get what I want done and is well worth the $25. YMMV.

jbanzai23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2021
    Cypress
    I haven't been to lone star in 4 years. Before sandy hook, it was a really quiet range. I just moved back to the area. Sounds like it might have gotten worse

mylar17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2021
    Pflugerville
    I went to Lone Star a couple years ago just to check it out. Enjoyed it, granted it wasn't too busy but I didn't get a free for all feel

Yohan10mm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2022
    Austin
    I do my shooting at the range as my apartment is 5 minutes away. I do 50 bucks a month and get unlimited shooting and 15 dollar ffls. What I wish is that there were more places in this area to shoot black powder. Lone star is great on the right day, but a nightmare as they do not have a designated range master.

Slimshaddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2023
    South Austin Texas
    No idea what the deal is now but in past decades new members at ARC had to be introduced and vouched for by an existing member.
    Has that changed?
    The only range worth going to by far but unless they have a new open registration policy, ain't nobody getting in.

Me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2021
    Austin
    No idea what the deal is now but in past decades new members at ARC had to be introduced and vouched for by an existing member.
    Has that changed?
    The only range worth going to by far but unless they have a new open registration policy, ain't nobody getting in.
    no need to be sponsored, just reach out to the email on the web page and show up for a new member orientation

Top Bottom