• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    I wouldn't do that. Those Foami clips don't hold up to the weight of a gun when used as an OWB mechanism, they're not terribly great for IWB with a gun in most cases either. DCC clips or UltiClips are the only one's I personally trust, I've had the Foami clips like that pull free way too often. The only thing I use foami clips for these days are mag carriers, they do work fairly well for that in either IWB or OWB fashion (OWB it kind of makes it a paddle style carrier)

IF you have a heat gun and a dremel and you're adamant to use the foami clip again - you can use a ruler, some popsicle sticks, or a small wood block to help mold out a section to drill new holes - you'd want to go about 3/4 of an inch from the now top edge, and make the space about 3 popsicle sticks thick. You would make that holster an extreme forward rake IWB. Drill a pair of 3/8's" holes the proper spacing apart using the clip as your guide and reattach.

If it were me, I'd just go the tuck-strut option if you're sure you want ot continue using that holster. It would keep the belt mount about the same as the old belt clip, which means ride height and draw remain the same.

I'd sand the edge down to eliminate sharp spots. It doesn't look like the integrity of the trigger guard is compromised at all, but it does look like the new outer top edge is below the top of the belt - which increases the risk of clothing finding its way into the holster. Looks like you're carrying a Sig Pro in it? At least you have that going for you if you ride the thumb on the back of the hammer when holstering, and you are anal about looking and ensuring there's nothing in the holster on insertion of the muzzle.
    Not pezacly what you mean by a foami clip. This thing is made a hard plastic and seems to more substantial than the Kydex. I was going to drill two new holes in the sweat guard and fasten the clip to the Kydex with the existing screws and nuts. My main concern is determine if the nuts will interfere with the slide. If so, out it goes. As far a trusting the repaired holster with my life, the original placement of the clip tore under normal use. The reattached clip should be no more tearing than new. That being said, I will probably go to all leather.
    DK Firearms

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    I wouldn't do that. Those Foami clips don't hold up to the weight of a gun when used as an OWB mechanism, they're not terribly great for IWB with a gun in most cases either. DCC clips or UltiClips are the only one's I personally trust, I've had the Foami clips like that pull free way too often. The only thing I use foami clips for these days are mag carriers, they do work fairly well for that in either IWB or OWB fashion (OWB it kind of makes it a paddle style carrier)

IF you have a heat gun and a dremel and you're adamant to use the foami clip again - you can use a ruler, some popsicle sticks, or a small wood block to help mold out a section to drill new holes - you'd want to go about 3/4 of an inch from the now top edge, and make the space about 3 popsicle sticks thick. You would make that holster an extreme forward rake IWB. Drill a pair of 3/8's" holes the proper spacing apart using the clip as your guide and reattach.

If it were me, I'd just go the tuck-strut option if you're sure you want ot continue using that holster. It would keep the belt mount about the same as the old belt clip, which means ride height and draw remain the same.

I'd sand the edge down to eliminate sharp spots. It doesn't look like the integrity of the trigger guard is compromised at all, but it does look like the new outer top edge is below the top of the belt - which increases the risk of clothing finding its way into the holster. Looks like you're carrying a Sig Pro in it? At least you have that going for you if you ride the thumb on the back of the hammer when holstering, and you are anal about looking and ensuring there's nothing in the holster on insertion of the muzzle.
    I looked fomi clip and found them on Amazon. I'll take your word on the clips and trash the holster.

Top Bottom