• ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    As to high end knives being better x times than a less expensive knife;

I have another Busse that has been used to split the rib cages of at least 200 deer. ( when I was paid by the taxpayers to thin deer herds)I have never sharpened it and it will still shave hair.

TXSWFAN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Dallas
    Speaking of hair shaving sharp Busses', my Banned NMFBM is an 11"+ razor blade. Convex edges are my favorite.

IMG_1705.JPG

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Wish I could have taken pics of the katanas at the Tokyo National Museum, some were over 800 years old, but they all looked as if you could take them out of the case and shave with them.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Wish I could have taken pics of the katanas at the Tokyo National Museum, some were over 800 years old, but they all looked as if you could take them out of the case and shave with them.
    The penultimate example of how meticulous care and manufacturing techniques can overcome sub-standard materials.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    What if we could only have one of each thing? You would want the best right? There are collectors of many inexpensive things watches, guns, diamonds but what value are a dozen emeralds each only worth. Couple hundred dollars? For some people one knife and only exactly the right knife regardless of price will do. To those people only their favorite (the best) will do. As long as you pay the bills and take care of your family you should enjoy any excess. That might come in the form of a one off custom knife or a pawn shop Ruger Blackhawk. The choice is yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dza

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2016
    I'll admit I felt a little silly spending $450 on a Carbon Fiber Sebenza 21 but I justify the purchase by the fact that it is extremely well made from high quality materials and will likely last a lifetime. Also the fact that I use it every day makes the purchase easier to swallow.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I decapitated two deer this weekend with a single swing on each of them( they were hanging after being shot) with a Busse NMFBM.

Was the knife crazy expensive ? Yep. Was it worth it to see the look in people’s eyes as they were getting a saw out of the box ? Absolutely priceless.

tbark44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    nowhere
    Even the chinese can make good quality knives if the steel is heat treated right but its a matter of taste , I wouldnt own anything with china,tiwan, ect on it , as a Maker of knives among other things to me its about quality of workmanship , astetics but most of all Function an edge holding quality . i have certian standards i dont allow to leave my property without meeting , every knife gets my best effort in the rime i work on it i win some an loose on some because of time it takes to make it right no matter who's fault it might be its my responsibility to do it to a standard top quality i can achieve . so its a matter of taste . buy what you like i dont nor would i own a gun i couldnt or dont shoot , i also dont own a knife i wouldnt use to cut a battery cable in an emergency on the side of the road without complete confidence it wsould do it , t

tbark44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    nowhere
    Sure if i were an idiot who would do that with a 500. razor but fortunantly i am Not. besides i sold it almost 18 hrs after i completed it ,I have no doubt it would handle it , I have done that with one of my knives in a situation that if i hadnt it was a long walk to get help . used a cresent my belt knife an a hose clamp to re attach the cable to the battery

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I decapitated two deer this weekend with a single swing on each of them( they were hanging after being shot) with a Busse NMFBM.

Was the knife crazy expensive ? Yep. Was it worth it to see the look in people’s eyes as they were getting a saw out of the box ? Absolutely priceless.
    Back when I was cooking the whole hogs few were to large for the spit. It was back when the beheadings were the big shock story on the news. I amazed a few with how quick I could remove the head with a 6 inch boning knife.

Top Bottom