• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Keep in mind that the USB port adds about 0.6” to the length as compared to the AAA version. That may or may not matter to some people but I felt like the Stylus Pro was getting a bit long with all the other stuff in my pocket.

Yes, which is why I went AAA.

The micro/macro are a little to short for me as many of my tasks for the light are cursory inspections where I can use my thumb to activate the momentary on. The shorter micro/macro tend to have my pinky or palm cover part of the throw.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Appreciate the feedback everyone.

I settled on these:

Plus some odds and ends to get my to free shipping.

The Midway birthday discount is pretty nice. The prices were $18.32 and $30.18 respectively.

I'm sure this isn't the last of either item that I'll buy but they seemed to be a good place to start.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Appreciate the feedback everyone.

I settled on these:

Plus some odds and ends to get my to free shipping.

The Midway birthday discount is pretty nice. The prices were $18.32 and $30.18 respectively.

I'm sure this isn't the last of either item that I'll buy but they seemed to be a good place to start.
    Good choices. I doubt you will be unhappy with either the knife or the light.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Knives:

No idea honestly. Something utilitarian for light suburban duty, camping, fishing & last ditch defense if needed. Thinking assisted opening to ride in a pocket.
    Cold steel finnbear. It’s less than 20 bucks. Yes it’s a fix blade. It holds a great edge. It laughs at 180 degrees and bounces right back. I love them.

And no my feedback of them is not because cold steel says their good. I tested them.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    They came in yesterday. Part of the EDC rotation now. I really like the light.

Jury is out on how much I like the knife but I’ll carry it for a bit and see. It’s better than the Spyderco I have somewhere in a junk box. Pivot point is very tight and needs some oil.
    392F9564-59E7-4854-A8E8-2965C945255B.jpeg

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    They came in yesterday. Part of the EDC rotation now. I really like the light.

Jury is out on how much I like the knife but I’ll carry it for a bit and see. It’s better than the Spyderco I have somewhere in a junk box. Pivot point is very tight and needs some oil.
    View attachment 293841
    If its assisted opening its probably adjustable

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I am a big fan of the streamlight stylus pro lights. The USB version feels notably longer when in the pocket. It charges fast. Not as fast as tossing in some new AAA batteries, though.

I have these 2 at work. I keep one in my backpack and keep one at home for looking at whatever is ailing my kids at the time.

One thing to keep in mind is that if you have an issue you can mail it back, and they send you a new one. I have done this several times over the years.

The USB light is also brighter.
    d72f1fed9c740f162c172498bd35fbd5.jpg
    a85ccfda3eb1df2f054b12ff7d7e3a38.jpg
    2ce4a7d4e04ee323a1eea3399b9637d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Missed the knife part... kershaw auto. I keep it cleaned of dirt and lint and lubed with interflon fin super.
    0bbf4414aaa653ca580be9691bfe0e2f.jpg

Top Bottom