• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Many states had restrictions on 'weapon' type knifes. Many have dumped the restrictions. Read the news on Tx 'machete' attacks. Yrs ago Corpus used to take a barge out in the gulf to dump all the switchblades and cheap pocket guns collected during the year. Interestingly used to see lots of people carrying belt knives, not so much in the last several years. Varied from pocket knife pouch to shorter hunting styles. IMHO businesses objected.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    At Walmart today (in San Antonio) I bought a $7 box cutter type utility knife. Probably a 1 inch long blade.

The self checkout halted and called an employee over to determine that I was old enough.

Is this just company policy or some law ?
    Been my experience that walmart makes their own "laws", which is why I will never buy another gun from them.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Been my experience that walmart makes their own "laws", which is why I will never buy another gun from them.
    At Walmart today (in San Antonio) I bought a $7 box cutter type utility knife. Probably a 1 inch long blade.

The self checkout halted and called an employee over to determine that I was old enough.

Is this just company policy or some law ?
    Walmart doesn't make their own laws. They make corporate policies that they expect their employees to follow.

It's simply something built into the program software to flag certain items in their inventory as being age-restricted, requiring the interaction of a store employee to verify the age of the buyer for that item. Alcohol, tobacco, certain OTC drugs, etc., etc.....

Dollar Genera, checks the ID of everyone that wants to purchase alcohol or tobacco products, regardless of their age. It's a company policy, not a law.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    Walmart doesn't make their own laws. They make corporate policies that they expect their employees to follow.

It's simply something built into the program software to flag certain items in their inventory as being age-restricted, requiring the interaction of a store employee to verify the age of the buyer for that item. Alcohol, tobacco, certain OTC drugs, etc., etc.....

Dollar Genera, checks the ID of everyone that wants to purchase alcohol or tobacco products, regardless of their age. It's a company policy, not a law.
    Commies gotta commie.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    I refuse to show my ID to a commie wanting to see it in order to sell me booze. I'm damn near 70 and if the dumbass can't tell by looking at me then to hell with them. You can continue to get on your knees however.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I refuse to show my ID to a commie wanting to see it in order to sell me booze. I'm damn near 70 and if the dumbass can't tell by looking at me then to hell with them. You can continue to get on your knees however.
    And you wonder why some people have an issue with you when you finish up a post with insults like this?

You can continue to get on your knees however.

And further insulting someone simply because that is part o their job, and you have no idea of whether they agree with that company policy or not.

I'm damn near 70 and if the dumbass can't tell by looking at me then to hell with them.

They know you are old enough to purchase alcohol, but they still have to comply with company policy in order to do their job.

You really should seek some counseling for your anger issues Bill. Really you should.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    And you wonder why some people have an issue with you when you finish up a post with insults like this?

You can continue to get on your knees however.

And further insulting someone simply because that is part o their job, and you have no idea of whether they agree with that company policy or not.

I'm damn near 70 and if the dumbass can't tell by looking at me then to hell with them.

They know you are old enough to purchase alcohol, but they still have to comply with company policy in order to do their job.

You really should seek some counseling for your anger issues Bill. Really you should.
    I don't need any counseling to realize policies like those I commented on impose control actions on people for no reason. Perhaps you need the counseling to overcome your desire to be controlled in a supposed free county?

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW

A couple of years back on vacation, I got in line at a Target with a six-pack of beer and the register person asked for my ID. I told her to look at my grey hair and wrinkles as ID. She said store policy. I kindly told her that Target corporate can shove their policy up their asses, have a nice day, and left the beer on the conveyor belt. I went to grocery store down the block and bought the beer there.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    A couple of years back on vacation, I got in line at a Target with a six-pack of beer and the register person asked for my ID. I told her to look at my grey hair and wrinkles as ID. She said store policy. I kindly told her that Target corporate can shove their policy up their asses, have a nice day, and left the beer on the conveyor belt. I went to grocery store down the block and bought the beer there.
    Way to go! I've done the same. Thank you.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom