• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Anytime I shop around for a knife I always see that they can't be sold to anyone in NJ or MA. Is no one allowed to have any knives in those states?
    Target Sports

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    So if I am reading TX law concerning knives correctly I can't have a knife over 5.5" on me out in public but if I need to defend myself at home with a sword that has an 18" blade, it is OK to use it in my home. Am I reading that correctly?

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Not sure how up to date some of that info. is. I just use it as a baseline.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    So if I am reading TX law concerning knives correctly I can't have a knife over 5.5" on me out in public but if I need to defend myself at home with a sword that has an 18" blade, it is OK to use it in my home. Am I reading that correctly?
    Not even close.
    You can carry a 3' sword if you want. Anything over 5.5" is a "location restricted" knife. If you are under 18 YOA, you cannot be in possession of a location restricted knife unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Not even close.
    You can carry a 3' sword if you want. Anything over 5.5" is a "location restricted" knife. If you are under 18 YOA, you cannot be in possession of a location restricted knife unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.

OK so basically once you are 18 or older there are no restrictions on the size of the knife.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Knife attacks have gotten so bad in London, they want to regulate sales of all knives (sound familiar?) If memory serves, they have gone as far as saying something along the lines of why do you need a knife over 3 inches? England aalready has lists of knives that are illegal to import or own. They are treating knives the same way the Democrats want to treat firearms here.

So no matter what they say, it seems they will not stop until we are completely disarmed.

Last edited:

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Knife attacks have gotten so bad in London, they want to regulate sales of all knives (sound familiar?) If memory serves, they have gone as far as saying something along the lines of why do you need a knife over 3 inches? England aalready has lists of knives that are illegal to import or own. They are treating knives the same way the Democrats want to treat firearms here.

So no matter what they do, they will not stop until we are completely disarmed.

I wonder if that's going to spur Gordon Ramsay to locate to the US permanently. :laughing: He's one of the most American high profile subjects of the queen I can think of next to Richard Hammond or Jeremy Clarkson. Scotland couldn't pull off independence, so they're pretty screwed if they ever get ban-happy on all knives.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I've talked to the guy who heads up this org. I can't vouch for him or the organization but I can say I saw no red flags.

In any event, even if you don't join there's plenty of good information on their site.

They also offer an app that you can download to your smart phone to use if you travel to other states to be up on current knife laws in different states.

Top Bottom