• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I bought this years ago from CMP and started toying with it but after moving back I haven’t had much time for it. It was one of the “rusty” variants and also had the slash in the stock, though minimal.

I started shaping part of the stock to give more of a pistol grip configuration in addition to removing the scratch from the Army. I’ve also ordered new some hardware and a new spring.

Today I dropped the barrel and action off to be re-crowned and have the chamber inspected to see if it needs any work also. We talked about threading the barrel but I decided not to on this one as I’m really looking for accuracy.

Still need to do some trigger work but there’s not much more than polishing parts that can be done.
    Military Camp

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I stuck an inexpensive scope on mine since my eyes have gotten such that I have problems with the stock sights. Other than that, I haven't done much to it. Rimfire Central has a lot of good info available...
    I went over there for the first time in years. I actually found this forum after that forum seriously attempted to squash anything that may be controversial or political after some shooting in 2018. I believe tonight was the first time I’d logged in there since 2018.

I used that site as a great resource for 22LR and Kimber 82G info for several years. I’ll look again but I’m still disappointed in the mentality over there when it comes to trying to appease folks outside the U.S. when it comes to our God given rights of self protection.

Texan-in-Training

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    I went over there for the first time in years. I actually found this forum after that forum seriously attempted to squash anything that may be controversial or political after some shooting in 2018. I believe tonight was the first time I’d logged in there since 2018.

I used that site as a great resource for 22LR and Kimber 82G info for several years. I’ll look again but I’m still disappointed in the mentality over there when it comes to trying to appease folks outside the U.S. when it comes to our God given rights of self protection.
    I hadn't been there for a while (also haven't shot the 82G in way too long). I'm sorry to hear how they're leaning. I hadn't noticed it, being as I basically stayed with the Kimber thread, following the 82G info.

Texan-in-Training

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    Pics.......we need pics..............

Please.......:roflsmile:
    1649035413107.png

1649035450309.png

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Ordered a Boyd’s At-one thumbhole stock in coyote today.

Got the receiver back last week too. He cut just a little off the end, double recessed, re-crowned and re-blued just where he did the machining.

scattergun6

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 17, 2021
    San Antonio
    Kimber on the bench.jpg

I've just started shooting my 82G in some ARA rimfire benchrest matches, going back and forth between the Kimber and an Anschutz with a Shilen barrel. Both rifles can do very well if I do my part - the real challenge is in getting the shooter to be consistent. I can't compete with the big boys yet but I'm improving each time I compete so I'm happy.
    Kimber is wearing a 3-15x56 Leica in BKL rings.

safestuffer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2023
    Washington state
    Thats an awesome rifle. There was a time in 2009-2010 that these were on the market in pretty significant numbers in the $500 range, NIB, and I should have jumped on one when they were available. I've been jonesing for one ever since.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Thats an awesome rifle. There was a time in 2009-2010 that these were on the market in pretty significant numbers in the $500 range, NIB, and I should have jumped on one when they were available. I've been jonesing for one ever since.
    I bought mine back then, a “rusty” for $250 I believe.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    CMP prices were $450 for those with rust on the bolt and $650 for non-rust...so if you bought yours for $250 you got an excellent deal!
    Are you sure they were $450? I don’t remember spring that much. I thought the non rusty ones were $500 and rusty was half that price. Could be wrong though, that was 2009 timeframe.

Top Bottom