• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    15 weeks ago I ordered mcgowen barrel for a savage magnum build and the whole process as a 1st time ba barrel only purchase is killing me! 14 weeks ago ordered a carbon6 barrel(mcgowen barrels are used) for another savage build. I've talked with both companies just to check process and both are being worked on. Piss on patience is a virtue crap, but will have too be anyway? I've told both companies I understand and will wait as if I have any choice?
    Venture Surplus ad

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    15 weeks ago I ordered mcgowen barrel for a savage magnum build and the whole process as a 1st time ba barrel only purchase is killing me! 14 weeks ago ordered a carbon6 barrel(mcgowen barrels are used) for another savage build. I've talked with both companies just to check process and both are being worked on. Piss on patience is a virtue crap, but will have too be anyway? I've told both companies I understand and will wait as if I have any choice?

I feel you on the trying to be patient for gun parts or gunsmith work. I struggle with being patient and not bugging the hell out of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    That's why I usually order two barrels at a time for each rifle I build. Then after I shoot the first barrel out, and install the second barrel, I place an order for a third barrel.
    I never get worried about the wait time then, because the barrel will show up long before I shoot the second barrel out.
    I think I have 4 of them setting in the closet right now waiting!

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    I feel you on the trying to be patient for gun parts or gunsmith work. I struggle with being patient and not bugging the hell out of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I want to call them every day after 10 weeks + or- , butI I see it as "Don't piss off the cook"! Under normal conditions most would've them 6 to 10? If I'm going to shoot any barrels out it would be both of these? 2 day tracking on this order to be here next week, hopefully?

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    This was my fi
    That's why I usually order two barrels at a time for each rifle I build. Then after I shoot the first barrel out, and install the second barrel, I place an order for a third barrel.
    I never get worried about the wait time then, because the barrel will show up long before I shoot the second barrel out.
    I think I have 4 of them setting in the closet right now waiting!
    This being first time custom order for new builds,so I might for future reference do this for wm barrels and maybe for the 338LM also?

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    Fitment check, but waiting on recoil lug. 16 weeks barrel arrived.
    16200835565714319922095512895987.jpg

Top Bottom