• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I recently broke down and ordered a full-build KIDD 10/22. I've bought KIDD components in the past and have been impressed by the quality but I've been itching to get them to make me an heirloom piece. My birthday is coming up so I went ahead and spent way too much money on a Supergrade Receiver, Two-Stage Trigger, 20" Fluted Match Barrel, KIDD Bolt... the works. They're bedding the receiver to a 10/22 Classic Premium Claro Walnut stock that I picked up at Stockysstocks.com. The rifle should be delivered to my FFL by the end of September but I'll be basket-case waiting until then.

Do any of you rimfire guys own a full-build KIDD? If so, I'd love to see pics of the rifles you guys own and get a gauge of how you feel about them. I love rimfire rifles... especially the beautiful, accurate ones.

P.S. Here's a pic of my partial-KIDD rifle...

KIDD 10-22 Medium.jpg
    Texas SOT

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Very nice. Tell us more about it. I have been told that KIDD is the way to go. My little stock 10/22 just don't get it. KIDD may be my next buy.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    The one in the pic above sports a KIDD match-grade 20" bull barrel. I consistently get 3/4" groups at 100 yards on a calm day. I know the rifle is capable of better than that but I need more practice .

The barrel is mated to their sweet two-stage trigger set at 8oz. first-stage/8oz second-stage. I can't recommend their triggers enough. They're amazing. I also have a KIDD "Speed-length" magazine release and their padded bolt handle and polished guide rod. The stock is a Hogue Overmolded model - not the best choice for extreme accuracy but it has great tackiness and gives me a pretty good cheek weld. I''m thinking of upgrading to a Boyd's later. The scope is a Mueller APV with sunshade... a bit of overkill on a rimfire but it looks cool and helps my old eyes quite a bit

I'll post pics of my new "baby" when she comes in.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!

The FIRST second I get my job situation worked out, I am buying a KIDD Supergrade and a S&W Model 41 Tricked out by Clark Customs.

Def posts pics when it gets in and shoot the Monthly Rimfire Challenge, I'd love to see how both of your 22s do. 3/4 at 100 is pretty damn impressive.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    While we're at it... Tell us all the Specs of what you ordered. I have been a little confused by some of the options they offer such as "MOA on base" and "Rear Tang Option"...

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Here's the specs on the rifle I just ordered:

KIDD Supergrade Receiver (no-tang option); silver - the stock I chose had a very dramatic rear drop that wouldn't accommodate the inletting needed to support the tang. I chose the Zero MOA option since I don't plan on shooting past 300 yards with the rifle.

KIDD CNC Bolt, polished silver, scalloped. Full KIDD bolt internals and Bolt Hold-Open option.

KIDD 20" Fluted Match Barrel; polished silver w/ Muzzle Threading and Cap - although I'd be giving up a little in accuracy I just love the way fluted barrels look.

KIDD Two-Stage Trigger w/ Red, curved trigger blade - set to 8oz. first-stage and 8oz. second-stage trigger weights.

KIDD "Speed-length" Mag Release Lever - I could have gone with the extended lever instead since it's probably better for off-hand carry but since she will spend most of her time on a bench I just like the long lever more.

KIDD Cocking Assembly and Threaded Receiver Pins.

The Stock I picked up from Stockysstocks.com was a 10/22 Classic in Premium Claro Walnut. Here's the link to it: *INTRO!* Ruger 10/22 Classic Checkered Walnut & Laminated Stocks - .920 Bull & FBC - Gloss or Satin Finish

They're bedding the receiver to the stock and timing the barrel to the receiver since it screws in instead of using the traditional v-block. Barrel will be free-floated.

All in all, the rifle set me back about $1400.00 and put my marriage at risk but it's all worth it, IMO. Now I have to convince the wife that the rifle NEEDS a good Leupold scope... wish me luck.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!

The FIRST second I get my job situation worked out, I am buying a KIDD Supergrade and a S&W Model 41 Tricked out by Clark Customs.

Def posts pics when it gets in and shoot the Monthly Rimfire Challenge, I'd love to see how both of your 22s do. 3/4 at 100 is pretty damn impressive.

Will do. I can't wait to show off my new girl when she comes in. I'll definitely try the Rimfire Challenge once I break her in and see what she likes to feed on. Not sure I can stack up with the rest of you but I'll give it my best. On second thought, maybe I should get my wife to go instead... damn woman outshoots me from time to time and she's only been at it for 5 years now.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Still no explanation of "MOA on base".....etc.

From what I've been told (and I'm no expert here) you want at least 10 MOA on base if you plan to shoot past 300 yards. It reduces the amount of hold-over you need in case you run out of vertical adjustment travel on your scope. Anyone more knowledgeable on the subject please correct me if I'm wrong.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Still no explanation of "MOA on base".....etc.

If I understand what he's saying, they will adjust angle of MOA on the base to allow you to tilt the scope to the right angle to deal with longer range shots. With the dramatic drop a 22 bullet has (approx 199.9" at 300 yards), some scopes won't dial that much adjustment. So adjusting the angle will allow you to shave some of that drop without having to dial it on the scope or hold over.

Just my guess... I could be 1000% wrong

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    From what I've been told (and I'm no expert here) you want at least 10 MOA on base if you plan to shoot past 300 yards. It reduces the amount of hold-over you need in case you run out of vertical adjustment travel on your scope. Anyone more knowledgeable on the subject please correct me if I'm wrong.

We cross posted, but I'm glad my guess was correct.

Top Bottom