Military Camp

KIA EV6 I really like this ev and will buy one if I like the test drive. when they go into production

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AR1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    My wife has a Tesla Model Y. Best car she's had, after a long line of Lincolns and BMWs. Very fast, rain or shine. Charges on a 120V plug, always fuel of "gas" every morning.
    I'm driving a Ford Escape Hybrid, high mileage, got a F150 Hybrid on order.
    Once the F150 comes in, my Shelby Mustang will probably be sold in favor on an electric performance car.
    I'm no tree-hugger by any stretch, but I really like the EV driving experience. Instant neck-snapping torque RIGHT NOW.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    My wife has a Tesla Model Y. Best car she's had, after a long line of Lincolns and BMWs. Very fast, rain or shine. Charges on a 120V plug, always fuel of "gas" every morning.
    I'm driving a Ford Escape Hybrid, high mileage, got a F150 Hybrid on order.
    Once the F150 comes in, my Shelby Mustang will probably be sold in favor on an electric performance car.
    I'm no tree-hugger by any stretch, but I really like the EV driving experience. Instant neck-snapping torque RIGHT NOW.

I’ve had an EV (Fiat 500e) and a PHEV (Volt).

Charging on 120v was borderline absurd in how slow it was, you can only get 15 amps continuous from a wall plug.

It’s just math, not a knock on the car or anything.

With my use for the cars, it just didn’t cut it. 240V was great, I had 50 amps at the plug but my chargers only pulled 30 amps. Was definitely sufficient for me.

Do y’all have 240+ available when you need to put more range into the car? Or is her use cool with just 120?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AR1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    I’ve had an EV (Fiat 500e) and a PHEV (Volt).

Charging on 120v was borderline absurd in how slow it was, you can only get 15 amps continuous from a wall plug.

It’s just math, not a knock on the car or anything.

With my use for the cars, it just didn’t cut it. 240V was great, I had 50 amps at the plug but my chargers only pulled 30 amps. Was definitely sufficient for me.

Do y’all have 240+ available when you need to put more range into the car? Or is her use cool with just 120?

We are retired, so mostly local driving. The car stays topped up. We have 2 other vehicles but the Tesla is our primary. 300 miles range covers all but long trips. We have used Tesla chargers 3 times since August.
    We do have 240 available directly opposite the charging port, but we have so far not needed to add the plug and use it. If we were commuting to Dallas still the 240V would be mandatory - except that her former employer likely has a charging station in the parking garage.

AR1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Not setting the bar very high with that list :laughing:

True dat, but the 2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid was a great car. True luxury, quick, and 38 mpg. Those Ford Hybrids were very well engineered and almost hand-built. I wish I had bought that from her.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    True dat, but the 2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid was a great car. True luxury, quick, and 38 mpg. Those Ford Hybrids were very well engineered and almost hand-built. I wish I had bought that from her.

Id PUSH the SHELBY before EVER owning a MACH-E. Aka electric mustang.

One thing elec will NEVAH have
    The sweet V8 RUMBLE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    We are retired, so mostly local driving. The car stays topped up. We have 2 other vehicles but the Tesla is our primary. 300 miles range covers all but long trips. We have used Tesla chargers 3 times since August.
    We do have 240 available directly opposite the charging port, but we have so far not needed to add the plug and use it. If we were commuting to Dallas still the 240V would be mandatory - except that her former employer likely has a charging station in the parking garage.
    You have a 300 mile range assuming you can find a charging station before you hit 300 miles and then you will have a relatively long wait for a charge. Otherwise it is a 150 mile range and hope you have enough to make it home. I personally don't care for the instant racing power that an EV can give. I don't need massive acceleration. What I need is comfort, range without anxiety, and rapid fill up. Tesla has a poor service record if you read Consumer Reports. The big question, can EVs make it without tax breaks?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    You have a 300 mile range assuming you can find a charging station before you hit 300 miles and then you will have a relatively long wait for a charge. Otherwise it is a 150 mile range and hope you have enough to make it home.
    It's also only 300mi when you're driving very casually. If you get on it and use that performance the range really drops.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Thanks, but if I'm going to buy an EV, it'll be this one...

1617904453110.png

Top Bottom