• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    >

I have the Ruger P C 9 & our ATF Son has the sub-2000 KelTec. He has shot both and likes both.

No doubt the Sub2000 is easier to conceal, folded, and is quicker to return to action.

OTOH, the PC9 fits into the 10/22 takedown case, and shares mags w/ our G19’s & G26’s.

Be warned that the Sub2000 comes in two different mag well “depths”, and the G17 mag models can’t use a G19 or G26 mag.

There is an aftermarket company which specializes in pre-tuning and customizing the factory-new Sub2000’s; please check it out.

leVieux

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    I've had the second 9mm version since they came out. I really love the little gun and decided to make it better with some MCARBO upgrades. I love the fact that it folds into a very small package that can be carried in a backpack as a SHTF Go Pack and I can carry it in my briefcase as well, completely incognito. Mine has been uber reliable with whatever ammo I can stuff in the Glock mag. Just about anyone at the range that has shot the gun and really liked it and several bought the same gun when they found one. I do want to add the MCARBO folding sight mount that will allow me to fold a red dot sight out of the way and allow the gun to be folded. I have mounted a TLR2 flashlight/laser on the bottom rail that works great, in lieu of a quick release red dot you see in these pictures. Heres mine.
    IMG_E5837.JPG

IMG_E5835.JPG

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Completely different from buying a Glock or Sig or AR, and then customizing it, right?
    Also, you don't HAVE to replace the screws, but you could. Same as you don't HAVE to replace the Glock factory sights, but you can. Or you can leave "eh, it works, good enough" alone.
    To be fair, you can get glocks with factory metal or factory metal night sights from the factory

And if it comes down to it, you can send off a stripped slide to glock and they'll put night sights on it and replace everything but the barrel, giving you basically $80 or so in spare parts for free. You ever used kel tecs CS? If they tell you to f**k off, consider yourself lucky.

If you buy a sig, thats on you.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    I own one and try and shoot it at least once a year.
    It's a good rifle that simply works, and consistently hits targets at relatively close ranges 50-75 yards typically...

But IMO, that's all it does.
    It's not a SHTF rifle by any means since there are much better options out there.
    It's also not a good hunting rifle either.

I guarantee if you buy one you will find yourself on the MCARBO website dropping coins on needless accessories.
    Get one, but be aware you might get bored of it rather quickly.

ZenDaddy9mm

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2022
    This is all excellent info. Thank you.
    I will keep it dead stock for at least 500-1000 rounds to see what really works for me.
    I think that as a product it has been around long enough that the KelTec mothership should know what works and doesn't.
    I am digging the Mcarbo mod options and may dabble, but not until I really get to know the rifle as is.
    I love the design on paper. I hope I love it as much at the range. I will likely buy another to pair with our his and hers matching Glocks.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Kel-Tec service has been good for me. Had a bad magazine they replaced for a different model(P32). Just be aware that they only provide service for the original owner and be prepared to show receipt. I hear they are opening a factory in Wyoming too.

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    I have had 7 or 8 of these over the years. This includes a couple of the original steel receiver ones that allowed for mag option changes. I never had a problem with any of them. Fun to shoot and more accurate than I was expecting.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    I think that as a product it has been around long enough that the KelTec mothership should know what works and doesn't.
    I am digging the Mcarbo mod options

Just so you don't go wasting rounds on a pipe dream ... note that Kel Tec sells and installs MCARBO upgrades. For the past couple years -they've offered a M Series Sub 2000 that is delivered with MCARBO replacement bits instead of Kel Tec factory bits.

Sent from my KFMAWI using Tapatalk

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Completely different from buying a Glock or Sig or AR, and then customizing it, right?
    Also, you don't HAVE to replace the screws, but you could. Same as you don't HAVE to replace the Glock factory sights, but you can. Or you can leave "eh, it works, good enough" alone.
    I guess it depends on where you draw the line between what is or what is not "good enough" for you.

ZenDaddy9mm

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2022
    Just so you don't go wasting rounds on a pipe dream ... note that Kel Tec sells and installs MCARBO upgrades. For the past couple years -they've offered a M Series Sub 2000 that is delivered with MCARBO replacement bits instead of Kel Tec factory bits.
    And why wouldn't they? I'm sure there is a tidy up-sale margin for them.
    I would think that if the rifle didn't work without the upgrades then the upgrades would have been stock.

Dingo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2021
    DFW
    I had one in 40 s&w , it was an awesome shooter and the perfect truck gun or home self defense. I would encourage you to buy

ZenDaddy9mm

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2022
    I am still waiting for my new sub2k to arrive at Hesters. Buuut..... I've ordered a simple but well reviewed 17$ butt pad, a mean looking $22 muzzle brake, a $150 rechargeable 1350lmn light green laser combo, 4 33 round Glock mags, and because why the hell not, yet another 1000 rounds of 147g fmj 9mm for the ammo pantry.
    None of it mcarbo. Yet lol. I'm weak.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2018
    US
    It is a fun gun to shoot at a low price point. There are TONS of aftermarket parts out there that can make it a much better firearm. If you want a range pinker, its fine. If you want to use it for defense or PCC competition you will need to upgrade it with aftermarket parts. If you decide to go the upgrade route, you can easily double the original price of the S2K. Mine are fairly accurate for PCC's.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom