• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZenDaddy9mm

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2022
    I am shopping for my own Christmas present and I love PCC's and all things 9mm. Does anyone have an opinion about the Kel-Tec?
    I tried a search, I may have failed basic internet.
    I like how they fold and love the simple blowback design.

Thoughts? Buy it or skip it?
    Guns International

Deaf Smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2022
    Texas
    How much you willing to pay?

Now I have the 2000 MK 2. 9mm. Works fine. No complaints. Hard to scope if you want to keep the folding option.

Makes a good emergency rifle when you can't have a regular rifle with you.

$400 is about what I'd pay at the most. Mine uses S&W MP mags (I got several at a pawn shop for $10 each!) and it works fine. Fits in a 17 inch computer case and, like I said, it's an emergency rifle. AR or even M1 carbine is 10x better when push comes to shove.

Might even take a deer with it as you can use some powders that get 400 + fps over handguns with same bullet weight (if you handload.)

I left mine as-is... no need for fancy stuff on it. Even got the 17 inch computer case at a Goodwill store! $5!

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Suggestion for a better option? I have contemplated one of these as well (like will get one just to go with the mags I already have) but would love to hear about other options.
    Ruger pc9. It’s problems are insignificant. Or manageable would be a better word.

The sub 2000’s have always out shot others…I’d rank them best for accuracy but that’s it.

For the money a guy could spend to get one mechanically not all wtf, he could have just gotten something nicer/more bad ass.

Picking apart it’s construction is a lengthy post.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They're cheap, and they're fun. You can spend a LOT of money improving them with stuff from MCARBO. Whether it's worth doing so is up to you. I don't consider mine to be anything other than a plinker. I did make some minor improvements. IIRC, it was less than $75.

The trigger they come with SUCKS. I cannot overstate that. I replaced mine with one from MCARBO. I also added one of those rubber buffer things. The thing about blowback guns is that they kick. My gun is in 40 S&W, and was unpleasant to shoot as it came. The 9mm probably wouldn't be as bad.

Also the sights are really low. Some have trouble getting their eye low enough to use them. Adding a red dot fixes that, but prevents you from being able to fold the gun. That is, unless you get one of those fancy handguards that rotate. I didn't bother with mine.

I'll second Sam7sf on the Ruger PC9. From what I've seen, they're the nicer gun and are close to the same price point.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    1669518469904.png

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I've got one and like it fine. Its incredibly accurate and folds away into a small backpack for whatever reasons you may find that interesting or useful like backpacking or urban back up

I also have a Diamondback AR 9mm Carbine and love that as well.

I had the Beretta 9mm and swapped it to another member here.
    I always liked that gun and it shot so good and took the Beretta mags

Lots of good choices!

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I have limited experience shooting other pcc's, but I love my Stribog. Most of the issues are mag related and seem to be sorted out. Mine has been 100 with the curved mags, is a pleasure to shoot, and rings steel easily at 200yds. Another member here is selling one.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Well, I ordered one. I'll let you know if I love it or hate it.
    I ordered it from Hesters Gun Shop website here in the Palestine area. I've heard good things about them.
    I don't think I'll regret it.
    I'm sure another PCC will follow shortly. That Stribog.. hmmmm
    You’re collar for the recoil tube and frame will need attention right out of the box. Keltec does three things from the factory: they jerk off on it and hopes it sticks. They forgot to put anything on. Or they put the keltec recommended tiny droplets of thread locker that don’t hold anything over a couple hundred rounds.

If the the frame screws need to be tightened be very careful. They are aluminum and very soft. I wouldn’t put much inch lbs on em.

If you decide to and I recommend so, install a stronger adhesive between the collar and frame. I’m of the opinion it’s what will help quiet things down when running a can.

There are aftermarket feed ramps for it and frame pins.

For the first few hundred rounds I say oil the shit out of the rear part of the two piece bolt and where the charging handle is. Things will try and peen there.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Well, I ordered one. I'll let you know if I love it or hate it.
    I ordered it from Hesters Gun Shop website here in the Palestine area. I've heard good things about them.
    I don't think I'll regret it.
    I'm sure another PCC will follow shortly. That Stribog.. hmmmm
    MCARBO will get you the bits to make it a solid and consistent shooter.

Sent from my KFMAWI using Tapatalk

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I wanted to love my Sub 2000. It functioned fine and was accurate, but I never have been gassed in the face by anything as bad as that Sub2k. I'm left handed and that thing would blow burning powder directly back in my face. Even with eye pro it was still uncomfortable for me. Had to move it along down the line. Can't imagine how much gas would come out of the charging port running a suppressor.

ZenDaddy9mm

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2022
    I wanted to love my Sub 2000. It functioned fine and was accurate, but I never have been gassed in the face by anything as bad as that Sub2k. I'm left handed and that thing would blow burning powder directly back in my face. Even with eye pro it was still uncomfortable for me. Had to move it along down the line. Can't imagine how much gas would come out of the charging port running a suppressor.
    Glad I'm not a lefty then. I can see the design problem for a left hander.

ZenDaddy9mm

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2022
    You’re collar for the recoil tube and frame will need attention right out of the box. Keltec does three things from the factory: they jerk off on it and hopes it sticks. They forgot to put anything on. Or they put the keltec recommended tiny droplets of thread locker that don’t hold anything over a couple hundred rounds.

If the the frame screws need to be tightened be very careful. They are aluminum and very soft. I wouldn’t put much inch lbs on em.

If you decide to and I recommend so, install a stronger adhesive between the collar and frame. I’m of the opinion it’s what will help quiet things down when running a can.

There are aftermarket feed ramps for it and frame pins.

For the first few hundred rounds I say oil the shit out of the rear part of the two piece bolt and where the charging handle is. Things will try and peen there.
    Good advice. I HATE soft hardware. Few things peeve me more than a quality piece with a stripped screw head. I'll replace them immediate.
    After I clean the Kel-tec jizz off that is.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Good advice. I HATE soft hardware. Few things peeve me more than a quality piece with a stripped screw head. I'll replace them immediate.
    After I clean the Kel-tec jizz off that is.
    Keltec has good ideas but they can’t manufacture guns correctly.

Take the frame pins for example…aluminum was always more expensive than steel. Even if a little slower finish time happens on a cnc lathe or screw machine it’s not that far behind. Then customers could put 20-25 inch lbs all day on em.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom