• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    The rumors are true, Kel-Tec is discontinuing the production of the P11. In 1995 this double-stacked, 9mm pistol was the first polymer subcompact to hit the market (right after the 1994 Glock 26). Reliability, durability, and accuracy have made this gun a staple for concealed carry firearms. The design has been copied by many (SCCY, specifically), but its functionality and history can be matched by none (because who wants a 8.5 lbs DAO trigger)

By sending off the P11 in true KelTec style, we’re making room for engineering innovation and exciting, new pistol designs.

Honestly, I had one of the early ones, very low serial number, and when I traded it in on a Walther PPS, I got most of my money back after 15 years of lugging it around daily.
    Capitol Armory ad

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    We've had several of the P-11's around here over the years and they all worked just fine. Yeah, they have a long DA trigger pull but if you treat it just like a DA revolver, you'll do fine with it.
    Nice send off video.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    It remains a mystery why Kel-Tec did not put the trigger from PF-9 into P-11 years ago.
    Keltec has winged monkeys running the place. No one knows why they do some of the sheit they do like not enforce patents when everyone copied their stuff. Or why they didnt invest in expansion kinda like PSA. They have lost huge market share by forcing people to wait and wait and wait and wait and......

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Keltec has winged monkeys running the place. No one knows why they do some of the sheit they do like not enforce patents when everyone copied their stuff. Or why they didnt invest in expansion kinda like PSA.

Because they didn't want to go into debt.

They have lost huge market share by forcing people to wait and wait and wait and wait and......

On the other hand, they sold every single gun they made ;)

Why they let SCCY get away with building identical guns, I don't get that either. Or why I had to stalk a SUB9 for many years and when I finally found what was by then a Sub2000 Gen2 and considered myself lucky, suddenly they became available everywhere.

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Carried a P11 for a lot of years. Never let me down, 100% reliable. Replaced the trigger with a Northwood, made a big difference in accuracy.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Oh, the gun was accurate enough. Just the 8.5lbs DAO trigger made it a bit difficult ;)
    However... once you shot it enough to BE accurate with it, i.e. you got rid of your dipping, anticipating, jerking etc, every other handgun with a lighter and shorter trigger becomes a joke and is hilariously easy and accurate to shoot.
    I qualified for my LTC with it, even though the instructor sneered at it. Didn't have any practice for a few years then but still kept them all in the "make'em dead zone".
    Traded it in on a first gen Walther PPS shortly after and since it still looked like new, except for the white dots were now a bit yellow, I got most of my money back I paid over a decade earlier.

Top Bottom