• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SGT Dave

Very Tired
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Kyle, TX
    Has anyone had any experience with Korean made KCI magazines? I'm currently shopping for M1 7.62/.308 mags. The KCIs are about $4 cheaper than the Promags. It isn't much, but those Chik-fil-a sammiches don't buy themselves.
    Texas SOT

SGT Dave

Very Tired
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Kyle, TX
    Nevermind. They're out of stock everywhere. They only thing I can find available are the overpriced Springfield brand mags.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I have only had experience with the Glock 19 versions and they were sub par. Usually won't load to capacity and 1 in 3 will randomly bind up. They were also all plastic so they may be a different breed than their rifle mags but in the end, not worth the money saved. I'd rather have 1 more Glock factory magazine than 3 kcis.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    I have only had experience with the Glock 19 versions and they were sub par. Usually won't load to capacity and 1 in 3 will randomly bind up.

Same experience, I had two of them and eventually threw them away. Especially with Glock mags, IMO it is best to spend the extra dollars to get OEM mags whenever possible. For my HK SP5, I heard the KCI mags weren't too terrible, but I forked over the extra money to buy HK ones, spending $40 extra a piece, and with zero regrets. I have no clue about their M1 mags.

SGT Dave

Very Tired
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Kyle, TX
    Same experience, I had two of them and eventually threw them away. Especially with Glock mags, IMO it is best to spend the extra dollars to get OEM mags whenever possible. For my HK SP5, I heard the KCI mags weren't too terrible, but I forked over the extra money to buy HK ones, spending $40 extra a piece, and with zero regrets. I have no clue about their M1 mags.

I hear their M1 carbine mags are decent, which makes sense considering how many of those are in Korea. However, I'm getting the impression anything else is on par with Promag.

You'd think there'd be more M1A/M14 surplus in circulation.

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    I hear their M1 carbine mags are decent, which makes sense considering how many of those are in Korea. However, I'm getting the impression anything else is on par with Promag.

You'd think there'd be more M1A/M14 surplus in circulation.
    I have several KCIs for my M1s and they have performed flawlessly.

I’ve been looking for some additional backup mags since last year and as mentioned no one has had them in stock.

RePete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2020
    God's Country
    I've seen the Glock mags explode when dropped on a gravel range pit during a competition, the base plate was never found.

IMO they are only "good" for LAMR (load and make ready).

Factory mags are, generally, the way to go.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I always change the springs in those, even brand new. It seems all issues related to feeding is spring related.

Still as stated factory or a premium/proven alternative is best.

Top Bottom