• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tehgruu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Waco
    Anyone have one of these? I normally use a Gerber folder for EDC. I sent in my packet for my CHL and was thinking a TDI might be a good companion to my Commander.

-Gruu
    Military Camp

Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I have one and I wore it around for a few weeks after I got it but found myself reaching for my pokets looking for my knife. Plus it is more instictive for me to reach down toward my front or back pocket than to reach down to my waist on my reaction side. I really like my griptillian and my trident as edc's. The TDI is a cool knife but once I got over the coolness I went back to what I used previously.

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    I bought one and never wore it. I ended up throwing it in my hiking pack. It's a cool knife I just can't figure out where I can use it.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    I bought one, carried it on my belt with my off duty gun. Did not like it then carried it on my duty belt. Did not like it so I gave it to a friend.
    it was just not for me. Too uncomfortable.

Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    So far I would say pass on it and get something different. If you have to have something in that size or "fixed" I would suggest this one... it listed on the site for 75.00 but I got both mine and my wifes for 54.00 on ebay. Don't know if you are familiar with this company, but I have more than a few of their knives and they are top notch! If you don't settle on this one I am sure you will find something on the website that will fit the bill.

Tehgruu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Waco
    Hey, thanks for the feedback guys. Well, I guess I'll just keep an eye out for a good deal on one to try out in the future. In the mean time I guess I'll go with plan B and pick up a Benchmade folder and a sheath. Either that or a nimravus cub.

-Gruu

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    For defensive use a small fixed blade is much more accessable than a folder. I have a folder I keep in pocket to use for everyday tasks.
    The TDI is a good defensive knife, especially if you've done some boxing. But, the factory TDI sheath is terrible for defensive work. After I got my IFWA sheath, I haven't had any problems with mine poking me.

radioflyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    I have one i carry daily. I modified it to carry IWB with a spring-steel cliip similar to some IWB holsters. I carry it in the 5 o clock position where it's out othe way, yet easily accessable by leftor right hands.

Top Bottom