Join TexasGunTalk

Just pondering: After MJ becomes legal employment oppurtunity?

Discussion in 'Rants and Raves' started by Moonpie, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Brains

Brains IQ: 47

Apr 9, 2013
    Cypress
    The way I see it, I could care less what drugs a person does on their own time, in their own space. Once in the workplace or in my personal space though, I care deeply. In the event certain mind altering substances are deemed legally acceptable, I am happy Texas is still a right to work state. They can't or won't work to the requirements of the position? Well, I have the right to terminate them.

Sam7sf and toddnjoyce like this.
  2. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

I worked with that guy too. I was asked to go in to work @ 4:00 am on my day off. I get their & then the drunk shows up. The took him straight to the restroom for urine the upstairs for a breathalyzer. When they asked him when he had his last drink it was in the parking lot before he walked in. (He always acted suspicious when drinking off his liter bottle of Aquafina because it was vodka.) They told him he was suspended & to wait for a cab they called him. He left before the cab in his own truck. The company was ready to fire others for letting him leave, because of liability. He was crazy over the limit when he showed up that morning.

3. Vaquero

Vaquero Pre-ban Staff Member Admin

Apr 4, 2011
    Out West
    stoner-dog-10-dog-meme-21.jpg

4. Mowingmaniac 24/7

Mowingmaniac 24/7 TGT Addict

Nov 7, 2015
    Now that CBD oil is such a massive fad, I wonder if ingested will test results possibly show positive for mj use?

I know the amount of thc is touted is suppose to show zero or no more than 3%, thus can be sold legally, but what if the testing is precise and says you are an mj user?

Me, I'm staying away from mj and CBD oil in all it's varieties from the smoking stuff to eating to rubbing on, but I'll drink a beer (or 2) at home and not drive.

Yep, I'm quite saintly I is..........

5. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It's not so much a company not wanting to hire those that partake, it's more an insurance issue.

6. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I try to never state any opinions on this subject because I'm a massive hypocrite.

I've said many times in the past that I've never worked a job that required a drug test and I never will. On the other hand, if I were a good enough shooter to make the U.S. Olympic team, I'd be subject to random urine and blood tests at all times. They can show up at my door, unannounced, at any time. I would cheerfully comply.

I guess it all depends on your priorities.

FireInTheWire likes this.
  7. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Here’s a good read on the concentration needed to trigger a positive THC hit on most screening tests.

https://disa.com/blog/will-cbd-oil-result-in-a-positive-drug-test

The answer to your question is it depends, with the primary factor being company policy and practices.

majormadmax and Southpaw like this.
  8. Brains

Brains IQ: 47

Apr 9, 2013
    Cypress
    I wouldn't call that hypocritical at all. You're not choosing for anyone but yourself how your personal information would be collected and handled.

For the job, you are choosing to only work for a company that uses the more direct approach to whether or not you're employed - performance. For the competition, you're willing to comply with requirements that aim to prove the competition is fair.

It's like any contract IMHO. If you don't agree to a clause, you have two simple choices - amend or don't sign.

9. Mowingmaniac 24/7

Mowingmaniac 24/7 TGT Addict

Nov 7, 2015
    Toddnj,

Thank you.

It would seem that there is 'some' risk.

I wouldn't risk it.

I value my TLC more than any cb-whatever oil benefit.

10. Moonpie

Moonpie TGT Addict Lifetime Member

What are employers going to do if they can't find Able-to-Pass-Drug-Screen workers?

FireInTheWire likes this.