A2A586EA-B42C-4686-976D-E27CDB9E90A3.jpeg

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    See the following..

Do you have PCS orders to Texas? If so, according to ATF you should be good.

pdog109

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2023
    San Angelo
    If I were you, I would just change residency to TX. Besides, WA will one day ban anything worth owning. Once they mandate eating bug protein, then even hunting rifles will be banned.

Yeah I'm planning on doing that anyway and will probably get a TX CL as well. I have one from WA but no reciprocity, thanks jay!
    Thanks for the welcome folks.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Welcome!

Thank you for your service!

I was from Wa state (born in Seattle) in another life. Born again Texan now, even bought a straw cowboy hat, which I once thought I would never do.

I can't find where it says you have to have a Tx DL to buy a gun in Texas, as long as you're a resident, or having it shipped to an FFL. A government ID and proof of residency should be sufficient.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Weather is sure nicer here. Howdy.
    I see a lot of listings that say they'll only sell to Texas ID, makes sense sure I get it.
    But I'm active duty military and don't have a Texas ID and have orders here, is that enough for a FFL even?
    I saw a gun listing I was interested in and I pmed the dude and he basically told me to kick rocks because I don't have a Texas DL.
    I guess my military ID card, military orders assiging me to a base in TX and mortgage statement wouldn't be enough to convince an FFL that I live in TX.
    Very strange indeed since TX has a lot of military (Ft Hood, Ft Bliss, Ft Sam Houston, some other air force bases I'm sure too)
    Oh well, maybe one day i'll get a TX DL.

OK, not the best intro to the forum; but allow me to clarify a few things for you as a retired military member...

First, for FFL purposes your military ID, orders and mortgage statement are proof of residency; so you can purchase firearms the same as other Texas residents.

However, private sellers don't have to sell to anyone they don't feel comfortable selling to, even Texas residents.

And, despite what Lonesome Dove claims, active duty military do not need a TXS DL to purchase a firearm!

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    BTW, I went to high school in Tacoma before joining the AF. I retired a few years back and moved to TX...changing my residency from home state of WA to TX. I cannot abide living in a state like WA.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Do yourself a favor,
    Go to The Original Henry's.
    The Original Henry's
    (325) 223-0171
    And get a chicken fried steak.

It's hard to find one better than theirs.
    I just made myself hungry.
    Your link says "The Original Henry's" is a Mexican restaurant... Strange name for a Mexican restaurant... A Mexican restaurant that serves chicken fried steak... I'm so confused... And hungry!

rr2241tx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    San Marcos
    Weather is sure nicer here. Howdy.
    I see a lot of listings that say they'll only sell to Texas ID, makes sense sure I get it.
    But I'm active duty military and don't have a Texas ID and have orders here, is that enough for a FFL even?
    I saw a gun listing I was interested in and I pmed the dude and he basically told me to kick rocks because I don't have a Texas DL.
    I guess my military ID card, military orders assiging me to a base in TX and mortgage statement wouldn't be enough to convince an FFL that I live in TX.
    Very strange indeed since TX has a lot of military (Ft Hood, Ft Bliss, Ft Sam Houston, some other air force bases I'm sure too)
    Oh well, maybe one day i'll get a TX DL.
    Welcome pdog109! Thank you for your service. Texas never got around to repealing their “adjacent state” firearms laws after the federal law was sunset. Many private citizens and even 01 FFLs have no clue what the law actually says. While stationed out of state and legally driving on an expired Texas DL I was denied an ammo purchase in San Antonio while home on Christmas leave because my license was expired. Cranial Inversion Syndrome.

Top Bottom