• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Buddy won one of these traeger things. Looks like a convection oven with its fan, auger, and electronics. I can see why it would be popular for the "set it and forget it" folks living in an automatic world.

Upside may be that he will stop asking to borrow my simple old bullet smoker....the one that runs with a match, charcoal, and oxygen.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Buddy won one of these traeger things. Looks like a convection oven with its fan, auger, and electronics. I can see why it would be popular for the "set it and forget it" folks living in an automatic world.

Upside may be that he will stop asking to borrow my simple old bullet smoker....the one that runs with a match, charcoal, and oxygen.
    I'd hate to have to cook what's in my freezer when meats thawing because the power is out on it.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    My SIL said he wood cook the Thanksgiving turkey this year with his pellet stove.

He used the digital probe and all the other bells and whistles the contraption came with.

Sadly the bird was grossly undercooked when served, what a let down.

Today I told him we would be having grilled steaks, cooked on my “welding shop “ grill over mesquite.

If he can’t cook on a pellet grill, he sucks at cooking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas

Eh the principal is the same, wood and oxygen, it just uses and electric rod to start the process. The fan keeps the oxygen going.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill

oops. my error.

Top Bottom