Join TexasGunTalk

Just Dropped: Ruger-57

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by SQLGeek, Dec 31, 2019.

1. subseashooter

subseashooter Use Your Imagination..... Lifetime Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

That link doesn't look right to me, but it just let me click through. If it's not working, someone lemme know so I can try it again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    It's odd that the review praises the accuracy of the pistol without publishing any numbers.

Or did I miss them?

3. SQLGeek

SQLGeek Vodak, The Choice of a New Generation TGT Supporter

Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    It worked for me.

subseashooter likes this.
  4. subseashooter

subseashooter Use Your Imagination..... Lifetime Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    I thought the same, but I dont read enough reviews to know if this fella usually does that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. IXLR8

IXLR8 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    With the title of the thread, I thought these may have been French, or Vietnamese pistols... You know.. Never fired and only dropped once..

Have a FN five-SeveN. It has always been reliable, but you can never just tear a ragged hole in a target. Perhaps Ruger learned something from the other iterations.

6. joeb1

joeb1 New Member

Oct 1, 2019
    Arizona
    I'm on the list at Sportsman's Warehouse. $650. I have loyalty point cash & gift cards for almost $200. A 57 for under $500. Sounds pretty good to me.

Charlie and EZ-E like this.
  7. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Welcome to the Forum!

joeb1 and V-Tach like this.
  8. PinnedandRecessed

PinnedandRecessed Allegedly TGT Supporter

Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I about fell out of my chair when I saw that Ruger was dropping a 5.7. I've been on the fence for years about whether or not to acquire a FN FiveseveN. Never could pull the trigger on it (pun intended). This new Ruger checks all the boxes and makes some improvements. My only issue is whether or not to wait for the threaded version that is sure to come in the future. It'd be nice if Ruger came out with some extendo 30rd mags. This pistol will be a welcome companion to my PS90. Haters/Poors gonna hate on the 5.7 because that's what they do. I enjoy it. It's a range toy that doubles as a soft armor hole puncher (with the right loads). The fact that Ruger is hedging it's bets on the new pistol and that major ammo manufacturers are throwing their hat into the 5.7 ring is a good sign that the 5.7 will hopefully enjoy a new lease on life instead of languishing in boutique ammo limbo.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    subseashooter likes this.
  9. DyeF9

DyeF9 In Thrust We Trust

Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    Rumor has it that there's going to be a 5.7x28 defense round from Speer Gold Dot

10. PinnedandRecessed

PinnedandRecessed Allegedly TGT Supporter

Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    True. I know 22Plinkster and at least one other Youtuber received some Gold Dot test ammo. It was 40gr HP.

subseashooter and DyeF9 like this.