• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My G3K had not been running on burst or full for a while. It shoots semi fine, & gives lite primer strikes on burst & full. I have been slowly replacing parts on the bolt carrier. Firing pin, firing pin spring, locking piece spring & the hammer spring. Today I received a new bolt head & #18 locking piece. My latest thinking was the rollers were not staying locked long enough for the firing pin to make a hard enough strike. More or less a dwell timing issue.

With the annual machine gun shoot canceled this year I need to get my ass out & try this beast. I know I can drive out to League City & shoot it @ the Arms Room as a buddy shoots his there. Arms Room is probably an hour drive one way without traffic. I guess I need to see about an indoor range around my house rated for 7.62 that allows NFA.
    Target Sports

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Let me know when you get this figured out.

Mine seems to do the opposite.
    Primer is hit prematurely before full lock-up and a lot of gas and blast is coming out of the ejection port.

This is on my HK93.

The thing is reliable and functions smooth as butter on my MP5/94
    When you say H&K93 do you mean a semi auto?
    This is on a registered reciever G3K not a sear gun. Years ago I had a stoppage. When I tore it apart what looked like a small piece of primer made it's way into the locking piece. It possibly could've been brass casing.

I would suggest tearing apart the bolt carrier & inspecting it for debris. Are your rollers moving freely in the bolt head? Could something be binding the firing pin causing it to act like an open bolt? Is the area that the roller lock up in clean?

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    When you say H&K93 do you mean a semi auto?
    This is on a registered reciever G3K not a sear gun. Years ago I had a stoppage. When I tore it apart what looked like a small piece of primer made it's way into the locking piece. It possibly could've been brass casing.

I would suggest tearing apart the bolt carrier & inspecting it for debris. Are your rollers moving freely in the bolt head? Could something be binding the firing pin causing it to act like an open bolt? Is the area that the roller lock up in clean?

No.
    My HK93 with a Fleming auto-sear.

Seems that it fires a micro-second before full battery and jets a lot of gas out the ejection port.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    No.
    My HK93 with a Fleming auto-sear.

Seems that it fires a micro-second before full battery and jets a lot of gas out the ejection port.
    With a fluted chamber it's going to spew gas if not locked. Have you checked the bolt gap? I do believe there are different size rollers. It could be possible for the roller locking area to get wallowed out I guess.

dermunkee

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    baboon, I'm not sure where you're located, but if you're on the other side of Houston from League City, Shiloh is a possibility in the Willowbrook area, and Boyert in Katy/Cinco Ranch area. I'm unsure if either allow 7.62 but both are NFA friendly.

dermunkee

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    Agreed, but I've not found an outdoor full-auto range in the area. If you come across one, please let me know.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Agreed, but I've not found an outdoor full-auto range in the area. If you come across one, please let me know.
    Yeah it's called friends with private property. The problem is I like a lot of property because nothing sucks worse then when you are scaring some peeps horse & they call the sheriff.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    How far you willing to drive :green:
    That far! I have friends with places in Palestine. The one place is IMHO to close to poulation for machine guns. The other place my old buddy is now blind & it's more about spending time with him then shooting.

The wife has a cousin in Teague with oil land, but she still to this day does not want her dad knowing the shit I own. Shooting there might get back to him. She has another cousin in Buffalo with 10 acres that I have neven been to.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Well if you are willing to drive a bit.. I got saome acreage out near Rock Springs, no one is around weekdays. No houses to speak of, just a few cabins, it is primative, not water etc.

Top Bottom