• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    I picked up the Centurion version of the 92X. This is my first Beretta Vertec pistol. While I can use the smaller Vertec grip style I prefer the larger original Beretta style found on the previous pistols. There is an extra conversion grip available that changes the grip style to the larger original one but its made of hard plastic. I purchased the rubber conversion grip that comes with the M9A3 and that grip is great. It is made by Hogue for Beretta and it is feels just like the rubber grip that Hogue makes for the S&W 5906/4006 which I also like a lot.

I wanted to change the stock hammer spring with a lighter one but it turns out the hammer spring in the 92X is a bit smaller so unfortunately the standard Model 92 hammer spring that I had would not fit properly. I did however cut the spring I had down to the size of the 92X hammer spring and achieved the trigger pull that I was trying to reach for a 14# hammer spring.

I removed the stock sights and installed Trijicon night sights and removed the stock trigger spring and replaced it with a Wolff Trigger Conversion Unit for much better reliability. I also removed the stock hammer and replaced it with a skeletonized one.

The changes/upgrades have significantly improved the performance of this already great pistol especially concerning the trigger. The DA trigger pull is now very smooth and easy and the SA trigger pull is very crisp and easy as well. There is just a little difference in the DA and SA trigger pull and that shows that DA+SA pistols do not necessarily need to have drastic differences between DA and SA.

I always wanted to have a Beretta Centurion customized to my preferences and I would say this project was a definite success.

CENT92X.jpg
    Hurley's Gold

Attachments

• CENT92X.jpg
      CENT92X.jpg
      80.2 KB · Views: 473
    Last edited:

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Nice pistol, I have always liked the looked, but I am just a total failure shooting them. I just suck with a Beretta.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Nice pistol, I have always liked the looked, but I am just a total failure shooting them. I just suck with a Beretta.

It actually was the exact opposite for me. I seemed to naturally have good accuracy with the model 92 right from day one when I started shooting them. My friend at the time though had a hard time with it like you did.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    I wish they would make a 45ACP.

The only Beretta pistol that I know of that uses .45 ACP (and .40 and 9mm) is the PX4 but its a bit different than the 92. It is DA+SA and uses a unique rotating barrel which actually reduces recoil a bit and has a unique feel for how the recoil force is felt so it is easier to get back on target after successive shots. I don't have one yet but it is on my list of pistols that I want to add to my collection.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Might be cause I grew up shootin' revolvers...

Oh I see. Well I never have owned or shot a revolver so it is going to be interesting to see how I do when I get one which will be sometime this year. The closest thing I have to a revolver is my Beretta 92D which is DAO with no manual safety. It was designed for LEO's who used revolvers to have an easier transition over to autoloading pistols.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom