Join TexasGunTalk

John Cornyn Alternative

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TxStetson, Nov 19, 2019.

1. F350-6

F350-6 TGT Addict

May 25, 2009
    Doesn't he keep running and not getting elected?

Hopefully it turns out to be a small primary so whoever it is as the lead opponent can overcome Cornyn.

Of course I expect Cornyn to actually start doing some good for the next 11 months now that we're in campaign mode. Once the election has passed, it will be the next election cycle before he's worth anything again.

Too bad congress doesn't have elections every 6 months.

smittyb likes this.
  2. WT_Foxtrot

WT_Foxtrot Active Member

Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Or simply term limits. The guy's only been in the same seat for 17 years. Sheesh....

3. F350-6

F350-6 TGT Addict

May 25, 2009
    Unfortunately, the folks who would have to approve and vote for term limits, are the very ones who need to be limited. It's just not gonna happen.

And it's not new. My dad told me a story about when he was a young guy just starting out and had an old man customer who he used to talk with. The old man always told him that the politicians needed to be voted out of office, no matter what letter they had behind their name. They were all crooks and shouldn't be allowed to stay too long. I tell the same thing to my grandkids now while they're still young enough that they listen to me.

WT_Foxtrot and roadrunner like this.
  4. avvidclif

avvidclif RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    A friend told me his philosophy on voting. Always vote for the challenger no matter how big a crook he is. The incumbent already knows how to steal and it will take months for the challenger to figure it out. So there is a break for the taxpayers.

digger, Big Green, Southpaw and 3 others like this.
  5. jrbfishn

jrbfishn TGT Addict

Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Except that sometimes the incumbent is just bad. And the challenger is really, really bad. Then that backfires big time. Especially since the incumbent is usually hard to get rid of.
    I have been voting against Cornyn for a long time.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

ronbwolf likes this.
  6. rotor

rotor Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Wichita Falls
    In as few words as possible educate me as to why Cornyn is not "pulling his weight" in the senate. I personally will only vote for a republican senator no matter who it is so don't get me wrong. I just hadn't heard anything specifically bad about Cornyn. Thanks in advance.

7. jrbfishn

jrbfishn TGT Addict

Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    He's more RINO than Republican. And his voting on any Constutional Rights is, shall we say, less than stellar. He will bow to special interest instead of the same Rights for all. And with Liberals more often than not.
    Trying not to start a fight.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

F350-6, TxStetson and easy rider like this.
  8. mad88minute

mad88minute Active Member

Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    If what your saying is Ted Cruz can get two votes in the Senate I get it.
    I fully supported Senator Cruz in the primary and heavily distrusted Trump.

Having moved to Texas since ( I think we have already covered this topic in a different thread) I've been pleasantly surprised with Trump and alarmed at what I have heard from our other Senator.

To the OP, I'll happily look into your candidate.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

9. BRD@66

BRD@66 TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    :green:

10. TxStetson

TxStetson Usually Here TGT Supporter Lifetime Member

I appreciate it, but he's not my candidate. I just thought that his views and ideals closely matched the majority of members of this forum.