• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Obvious hit piece, but I think it still has value in illustrating part of the problem that many people don't comprehend. I know its probably preaching to the choir here, but you may still find it interesting.

You have two families: "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal".

Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California .

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Ready? Now pay attention...

Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax; Joe Legal now has $31,231.00.

Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or $31,200.00 per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $24,031.00.

Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare. Joe Legal pays $500.00 per month for food, or $6,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $18,031.00.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps and welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $9,631.00.

Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month federal rent subsidy. Jose Illegal pays out that $500.00 per month, or $6,000.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $ 31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for insurance. Joe Legal now has $7,231.00.

Jose Illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance!" and still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc.

Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, and what he sends out of the country every month.

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school. Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children get a government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal's children have an after school ESL program. Joe Legal's children go home.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.

Do you get it, now?
    Military Camp

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    Absolutely spot on.
    If you sit down and break down how much we pay for all of our services, especially if you are a homeowner- you will vomit.

Illegals do not have to pay for these services yet a family who's ancestors have gone to war or served this country honorably in many ways must bear the tax burden. These "free" social services given to Jose come from where? From YOUR taxes. They are only free to Jose.

My kids go to school with illegals who get school and emergency and clinic care for free while I pay about $300 monthly for health insurance and homeowner taxes who are going up regularly.
    When I get a traffic ticket for speeding or something else, I must give the officer my drivers license. If I do not pay my fines, my license gets suspended and I could have a warrant for my arrest issued since I have positive identification (DL and SSN). Jose Illegal can tell you whatever name he wants. He has no drivers license and may give a different name and birth date each time so he will not be tracked down and arrested for his outstanding violations.

It is sad to have to tell a crash victim that the other guy has no drivers license or insurance. We issue the guy tickets in whatever name he gives us and he goes on his merry way. Before the Google Nazis strike me down, YES he COULD be arrested for those offenses but internal rules limit arrests on illegal aliens, especially in "sanctuary cities".

I welcome a taxpaying and productive Jose Legal to my country. Jose Illegal can eat crap and die.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Absolutely spot on.
    If you sit down and break down how much we pay for all of our services, especially if you are a homeowner- you will vomit.

Illegals do not have to pay for these services yet a family who's ancestors have gone to war or served this country honorably in many ways must bear the tax burden. These "free" social services given to Jose come from where? From YOUR taxes. They are only free to Jose.

My kids go to school with illegals who get school and emergency and clinic care for free while I pay about $300 monthly for health insurance and homeowner taxes who are going up regularly.
    When I get a traffic ticket for speeding or something else, I must give the officer my drivers license. If I do not pay my fines, my license gets suspended and I could have a warrant for my arrest issued since I have positive identification (DL and SSN). Jose Illegal can tell you whatever name he wants. He has no drivers license and may give a different name and birth date each time so he will not be tracked down and arrested for his outstanding violations.

It is sad to have to tell a crash victim that the other guy has no drivers license or insurance. We issue the guy tickets in whatever name he gives us and he goes on his merry way. Before the Google Nazis strike me down, YES he COULD be arrested for those offenses but internal rules limit arrests on illegal aliens, especially in "sanctuary cities".

I welcome a taxpaying and productive Jose Legal to my country. Jose Illegal can eat crap and die.
    +1

willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by Burt Gummer
    Absolutely spot on.

I welcome a taxpaying and productive Jose Legal to my country. Jose Illegal can eat crap and die. +2

Top Bottom