Target Sports

James Yeager Turns Over A New Leaf (Again)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yeager is an idiot.

Everyone has an opinion on the internet. Unfortunately not enough people stop to think whether their opinion is truly "qualified" on the matter, or whether they should get a bit more experience under the belt, do a bit more research, etc. before passing judgment. I can't tell you how many people I've talked to that have taken one professional training class in their lives and that class was with a Yeager or some of the other shady characters in the industry, or a Front Sight, and they happily proclaim it was the best training in the world. Hmm.... I hate to sound like a jerk, but this is the honest truth. We owe it to ourselves to do a bit more research, training, and put a bit more thought into our opinions to make sure we're not putting unqualified nonsense out there.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The way he snaps at the prank caller and goes right to "I wanna kill you" suggest that he's either got some serious roid rage going on, and/or he's really insecure and tries making up for it by being "extreme."

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    It is unfortunate that the uneducated masses see this kind of thing on the internet and it makes us all look bad. There is a lot of Instructors out there, and there are good ones and excellent ones.......there are also some very poor ones.......

The Industry is not always able to weed them out, and over time....the poor ones do a decent job of weeding themselves out.......

We must always be cognizant that in the firearms industry appearance does matter......

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Wow, that is amazing. I've never watched the camera man down range vid. Have watched the video of the contractor shooting in Iraq though. Tough to watch and none of us were there. Certainly doesn't make him look good though. He does make some interesting videos. I think he needs to get the ego in check though, as most of us do from time to time.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    One thing we can do is stop giving time and press to people like this. Like why are we even wasting our time discussing this moron? How about instead we do productive things by supporting and recognizing high quality people in the industry. For example, how about we give a warm welcome to our newest instructor sponsor:

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...-criterion-tactical-sgm-kelly-venden-ret.html

I'm working right now on bringing another former CAG member, that's also an instructor and in central Texas, on board with us as well. People like controversy, and whether people realize it or not, we feed that by wasting time talking about idiots instead of talking about experts, industry leaders, and other respected professional companies and individuals.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    One thing we can do is stop giving time and press to people like this. Like why are we even wasting our time discussing this moron? How about instead we do productive things by supporting and recognizing high quality people in the industry. For example, how about we give a warm welcome to our newest instructor sponsor:

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...-criterion-tactical-sgm-kelly-venden-ret.html

I'm working right now on bringing another former CAG member, that's also an instructor and in central Texas, on board with us as well. People like controversy, and whether people realize it or not, we feed that by wasting time talking about idiots instead of talking about experts, industry leaders, and other respected professional companies and individuals.

Again, great post

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    WTF is with the ... High Sabrina spinning around after shooting?
    Sorry for bumping an old thread but I just stumbled on it, don't know the instructor and, after watching and reading, agree with Sig_Fiend that further discussion of *him* is a waste.

However, can anyone address txinvestigators question about the spinning?

I'm not experienced with this stuff at all but my first reaction was that if I had time to dance around like that, followed by re-holstering, followed by drawing again to cover any threats while recovering my expended magazine, followed by further scanning...well, then, I probably had time to just run the hell away or at least move to a place where I'm less of a target. I have spare magazines at home and, in the aftermath of a shooting, the police are going to take away the one on the ground as evidence. Why teach a careful recovery of the empty mag when that's something you'd never do in real life?

I don't understand.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Sorry for bumping an old thread but I just stumbled on it, don't know the instructor and, after watching and reading, agree with Sig_Fiend that further discussion of *him* is a waste.

I'm not experienced with this stuff at all but my first reaction was that if I had time to dance around like that, followed by re-holstering, followed by drawing again to cover any threats while recovering my expended magazine, followed by further scanning...well, then, I probably had time to just run the hell away or at least move to a place where I'm less of a target. I have spare magazines at home and, in the aftermath of a shooting, the police are going to take away the one on the ground as evidence. Why teach a careful recovery of the empty mag when that's something you'd never do in real life?

I don't understand.

you pretty much just answered your own question. this guy is an idiot, case closed

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX

I don't understand.

Why not start a new thread about this, the whole "scan and assess" thing and get different ideas from different people about how they see it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom