• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XDMAR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Clear Lake
    AUBURN, Wash. - Buying his own home was a big accomplishment for construction worker, Ikenna Njoku, of Auburn. He’s only 28 years old.
    “I was really excited. For the first time, I actually got to buy a lawn mower, mow my lawn and everything,” said Njoku.

Njoku qualified for the first time home buyer rebate on his tax return.

"It was really important, I had a vehicle I was looking on paying off," said. Njoku. And it wasn’t just any vehicle. “It was a 2001 Infinity I-30, silver…just like my favorite car, “he said.

Njoku signed up to have the rebate deposited directly into his Chase Bank account. But when the IRS rebate arrived, there was a problem. Chase had closed Njoku’s account because of overdrawn checks in the past. The bank deducted $600 to cover what he owed them and mailed him a cashier’s check for the difference--$8,463.21.

Jailed for cashing Chase check at Chase bank | KING5.com Seattle
    ARJ Defense ad

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    Another sign of our failing education system.

The lead paragraph in a news article is supposed to be a synopsis of the article.

Looks like journalism school (like the rest of our education system) is failing. . .

To the point: The guy tried to cash his Chase-issued cashiers check and the bank had him thrown in jail for forgery - oops.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    holy crap.

i need to call this into AJ today if i can stay up, he's going to have a feild day with this.

and for the record, never EVER do business with chase.

they do stuff like hold deposits until scheduled payments go through and over draft, and then deduct fees from your deposits. atleast that is what they did to me. it was my first bank account. i fought and fought with them. in the end they didnt do a damn thing to help me, and said they would have me taken away if i didnt leave.

i said fine, you cna take that negative 500 some odd dollars and stuff it in their ass.

**** chase.

ok im done.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I guess I should consider myself lucky. All Chase did to me when I bought a home was issue a CASHIERS check for my deposit that BOUNCED when it was deposited at the close of escrow.

I know...you are thinking that is bullshit...you can't bounce a cashiers check. The official explanation was that there was a computer glitch and TWO cashiers checks were issued with the SAME check number. Since the first one had been used right away, mine bounced.

While I have said F-Chase with my personal banking, I am forced to deal with them because they bought my mortgage. Ain't life fun sometimes?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Njoku’s car had been towed from the bank parking lot and his check seized as evidence.

“I had to wait a couple of weeks,” he said, “and my car got sold, auctioned off."

Njoku says he didn’t have the money to pay the impound fees and fines to get his car back before it was sold.
    Why would he be responsible for the impound fees?

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Yup Chase SUX! Had a CC with them, had a glitch in my credit score due to some erroneous reporting, this all happened about the same time as the housing bubble collapse. I had PAID my card in full and they closed my account without notice. Won't ever do business with that bunch of losers ever again. I've had real good relations with Capital One though.

MolonLabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2011
    Houston
    This is why all banks should act like USAA.

But the guy sounds pretty stupid. Who leaves a cashiers check, their id and their credit card at the bank to run an errand?

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Credit Unions FOR THE WIN!

But

Einstein had to know that he bounced a bunch of checks. I don't fault Chase here on that part of the story - but the rest of the tale sounds like total bullshit. I'd be seriously PO'd.

Top Bottom