Target Sports

Iver Johnson Sealed 8 Solid Frame - Other Than The Cylinder Stop...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    ...and the cylinder itself - what other parts assure that the cylinder locks up correctly. I have one now on which the cylinder seemingly does not lock as tight as it should lock when cocked. I am considering attempting to take it apart and replace whatever parts keep the cylinder locked in place correctly. Before I do that, I need to know which parts would be involved other than the cylinder stop. Any help would be appreciated. In addition, if anyone knows of a source for an exploded and annotated parts diagram for this revolver, please clue me in as to where I can acquire one.

While GunPartsCorp.com (Numrich) lists this model they do not have a parts diagram for it nor do they have the cylinder stop for this model (currently they only have it for the Sealed 8 Top Break). Sadly, I cannot find this model in any of my firearms repair books or on my gun manual CDs that supposedly contain over 3K manuals and 4K manuals respectively.

I am most certainly not a gunsmith; yet, I figured I'd give this a go and try to right it. If I screw it up and cannot fix it, I will disassemble it as much as I can do and sell the parts or maybe assemble it again and hang it on the wall. Best of all, I would sure like to get it fixed.
    Guns International

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    The only other thing I can think of would be if it was not lubed, the cylinder base pin may be worn.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom