Iver Johnson Sealed 8 Solid Frame - Other Than The Cylinder Stop...

Glenn B

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Sep 5, 2019
Texarkana Area
...and the cylinder itself - what other parts assure that the cylinder locks up correctly. I have one now on which the cylinder seemingly does not lock as tight as it should lock when cocked. I am considering attempting to take it apart and replace whatever parts keep the cylinder locked in place correctly. Before I do that, I need to know which parts would be involved other than the cylinder stop. Any help would be appreciated. In addition, if anyone knows of a source for an exploded and annotated parts diagram for this revolver, please clue me in as to where I can acquire one.

While GunPartsCorp.com (Numrich) lists this model they do not have a parts diagram for it nor do they have the cylinder stop for this model (currently they only have it for the Sealed 8 Top Break). Sadly, I cannot find this model in any of my firearms repair books or on my gun manual CDs that supposedly contain over 3K manuals and 4K manuals respectively.

I am most certainly not a gunsmith; yet, I figured I'd give this a go and try to right it. If I screw it up and cannot fix it, I will disassemble it as much as I can do and sell the parts or maybe assemble it again and hang it on the wall. Best of all, I would sure like to get it fixed.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
Aug 9, 2013
south of killeen
The only other thing I can think of would be if it was not lubed, the cylinder base pin may be worn.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics