• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daley_G

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2021
    Cypress
    Interesting question, tagged for the responses. As with everyone else, I have my own opinion which is that concealed means concealed. I'm curious to see what others chime in with, specifically when printing becomes so apparent and obvious that it's borderline brandishing.

retrieverman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2019
    Texas
    I took my first CHL class in January 1996, and at the time, ”printing” was an issue. Whether it‘s still an issue or not, I always strive to fully conceal.

It’s my opinion that most people are so self absorbed that they wouldn’t notice someone walking down the grocery store isle buck naked, so the chance of them noticing a handgun not fully concealed is unlikely.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Back in the early days I wore a SOB with my Sig 226 & a Glock 43. My dad was with me & we were in the grocery store I was getting something off the bottom shelf & exposed my gun. A cusmotore walked up & mentioned it, and not in a Karen way. My Dad freaked out saying back home the swat team would be called

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    printing would only matter in a situation where you cannot legally open carry.
    Printing of an otherwise concealed gun is not considered open carry so why would it be a problem in a place open carry is illegal? Concealed is concealed even if the shape of the gun can be seen.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The verbiage was something to the effect “ concealed to the ordinary observation of a reasonable person”
    Not an issue then, now even less so.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Whenever I buy shirts I make sure they can conceal my gun. Even tell my wife to think when buying me a shirt. I was at the Alamo didn't see any prohibit signs and went in. DPS comes up behind me and quietly asked if I had a license to carry. I was surprised he saw my gun, when I asked if it was not allowed he said it's okay if you're licensed, this was years ago. I asked how did he know I was carrying, he said from years on the job. He was nice and honestly I like producing my license, I was a newbie back then. It's like fishing and a game warden asked to see your license, finally it pays off getting one.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Also, 99.999% of the people will never notice even if you are printing. And if they do, they will probably assume it is a cell phone case. And I have not seen any prohibition related to printing.

Nothing to worry about.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Concealed means concealed, doesn't matter if you can tell there's a gun under your shirt. Same as if you unintentionally expose your firearm when reaching, not against the law.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom