• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kacktus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2013
    I need to put some rounds through my new to me 1911 and the ak.
    Just been stockpiling ammo

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I checked out the shooting place on the island on Sunday. It was too flooded to risk getting stuck. There were two guys shooting 12g , hand launching clays. They said they've shot there for years without ever being bothered. There are huge dunes for back stops.

kacktus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2013
    Where at exactly. I used to go out to the flats on 361 few miles from port a. But the have cleared all the land

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    If y'all allow central TX folks in - I think I can get down there the weekend of July 25th. Wife is going to Port A on a "girls only" trip that weekend. If she's nice, I might give her a ride one way or the other. I think I owe Darryl a couple of AR mags full of ammo and a trip to the bar.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    If y'all allow central TX folks in - I think I can get down there the weekend of July 25th. Wife is going to Port A on a "girls only" trip that weekend. If she's nice, I might give her a ride one way or the other. I think I owe Darryl a couple of AR mags full of ammo and a trip to the bar.

You don't owe me anything, if you do get down this way definitely let me know though.

As far as range day I'm always in for one, what's everyone thinking?

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Where at exactly. I used to go out to the flats on 361 few miles from port a. But the have cleared all the land

Out on north padre. Keep going strait pass the turn off to mustang and white cap, continue for around 8 miles and you'll see some tanks on the left. There is a little turn off on the right that leads to the shooting area.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    The land where people would shoot was the portion of Padre Island that belonged to Kleberg County.

Beware of bullets over Nighthawk Bay - Caller-Times

Fitzimmons believes the gunfire came from a makeshift shooting range within a portion of the island in Kleberg County west of Park Road 22 and south of Bob Hall Pier. The range sits within 3,680-acres, which Nueces County now owns. The property extends from the beach to Nighthawk Bay, a secondary bay within the Laguna Madre.

The area has been described as lawless because law enforcement authority lies with Kleberg County Sheriff's Department, which is headquartered miles away in Kingsville.

The purchase was controversial. Proponents of the sale said Nueces County could provide local control and recreational opportunities. Months ago plans were made to negotiate an interlocal agreement between the two counties, which would shift law enforcement authority to Nueces County. Opponents said the parcel should have gone to the Padre Island National Seashore, which some believe would be a better environmental steward of the property.
    The sale was finalized late last year. Nueces County paid about $630,000 for the parcel after the Ed Rachal Foundation granted Nueces County $1 million. The remaining $370,000 was intended for maintenance and a four-wheel-drive law enforcement vehicle.

Nueces County Constable Bobby Sherwood said the agreement was drawn up and submitted to Kleberg County, where it awaits closure. In it, Sherwood's deputies would be allowed to patrol the area at will. He said with new signage and a greater law enforcement presence the safety and security of that area should improve.

If you hear gunfire or suspect unsafe shooting in the area, call 911.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    "Unsafe shooting in the area". Does that mean "safe shooting" is alright? This is county land in a prett rural area with huge back stops. "Safe shooting" can be done in my opinion

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom