• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    But I'm FINALLY getting my license plate!!

License plate.jpg

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Awesome! Well, if anyone deserves to have this plate, it's you.

Just got one of my 1911s back from the gunsmith. An STI Off Duty that was looking pretty sad. It was stolen from a gun store, then recovered, but got dinged up. They coated it to cover the dings, but didn't do a good job on the surface. New grips, two-tone paint job (after stripping it down to bare metal), and the old girl is good as new.
    1719030555689.jpeg

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Here we go again....living in fear. Phuck 'em - they do so at their own risk.

Leave a pink krylon painted .30 Super Carry in the console as "bait" - they'll either start twirling and squealing like a giddy gurl, or they'll immediately drop it and try to go wash the gay away. Either way, win?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Here we go again....living in fear. Phuck 'em - they do so at their own risk.
    Where I live I roll up on a store & leave my windows down. A week ors ago a neighbor was with me & was freaked out by this. Ib told him if I catch someone inside I'd most likely shoot them.

I also heard of a few guys headed to South Texas deer camp that stopped to eat to find all of the shit gone. They didn't live in fear, but their week was ruined because off a few bumper stickers and time of the year.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    I hope that’s not an invitation to some shitheel to feel he needs to break in looking for a truck gun.

I wonder how many that would do the crime actually know what "M1911A1" stands for? Somehow I feel a large batch of 'em won't even know that's a customized plate. Like Packnheat, somebody else was using that plate number for a couple of decades. I wonder if it caused him any break-in grief?

That said, years ago I decided to remove the NRA and TSRA decals from my vehicle. Even the Gunsite logo...and that was just the lone raven, no words.

I don't get to the New Braunfels area very often, but when I do I'll now be scanning license plates. :D

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I wonder how many that would do the crime actually know what "M1911A1" stands for? Somehow I feel a large batch of 'em won't even know that's a customized plate. Like Packnheat, somebody else was using that plate number for a couple of decades. I wonder if it caused him any break-in grief?

That said, years ago I decided to remove the NRA and TSRA decals from my vehicle. Even the Gunsite logo...and that was just the lone raven, no words.

I don't get to the New Braunfels area very often, but when I do I'll now be scanning license plates. :D
    Good point.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I had a small Glock sticker on the back window when my car was broken into. No more gun related stickers in there. I doubt the sticker was the primary motivator, as over a dozen other cars in my neighborhood at the time were all broken into. I lost a shitload of fishing tackle my lazy ass left in the car over night, including some irreplaceable stuff. Had an AR lower in the trunk that was taken and it was the ONLY thing that was recovered (wasn't a complete rifle) - it was found in the trunk of a junk car taken to a scrap yard, accorting to the police report I got when I got the lower back. Contemplated putting a big ol' rainbow pride sticker on the back to throw off the crooks figuring the crooks wouldn't wanna catch "the gay" - but then I'd probably get vandalized by Bubba and Bubber Jr over it. :roflsmile: Best course is just no stickers that'd indicate anything of value, and not leaving shit in plain sight.

Top Bottom