• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    on just about every facebook page for local gun selling and trading, every gun for sale has only had
    "less than 100 rounds down the pipe"

so, people go out and buy new guns, add things like sites, grips, lasers, trigger jobs and take them out and shoot them 99 times or less, then sell them on facebook?

I was born at night, but I wasn't born last night.
    Texas SOT

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Me and a buddy were just talking about this last weekend.

That and the guys who list "BNIB" guns that have just been kicking around their safe taking up space.

I understand that sometimes it happens. You buy a new gun thinking you're going to love it, get it home and to the range and it's just not right, something doesn't feel right so you try a few mods to see if that helps but it doesn't. Last recourse is to try to sell it and recoup some of that money. I can see it happening. But apparently as you mentioned it happens to the sellers on Facebook, here, ArmsList, Texas Gun Trader, etc... Time after time after time. I guess I've just been lucky that my gun purchases have for the most part worked out for me.

As for BNIB; I sold a pistol (S&W SW40VE - Sigma) just last weekend that was the real deal never been fired, new in its box with everything that came with it. I won it in a "closest to the pin" contest at a golf tournament years ago and put it up and completely forgot about it until the week before last when I came across it getting ready for a shoot we were having. I got on the Internet and found page after page of the Sigma having earned a shit reputation so I sold it.

Both instances are so rare in my case that
    I just cannot understand the luck of some guys who can just never seem to find something they want to shoot more than 100 rnds through.

Here's a thought; maybe they're lying.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    They are lying. Now i did find a del-ton that was used.
    Broke it open and it looked new. The hammer didnt have a scratch,
    But that was the only one for me
    But anything else i found that made that claim was bs
    M question is why lie? I got a springer 1911 with 3k rds in it,
    I have 4 k in it and runs like a champ.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    ....Here's a thought; maybe they're lying.

thanks
    captain-obvious-250x250.jpg

:roflfunny:

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    The first Sigmas had issues, but they've since been fixed. You should have kept it. I've had mine for roughly 10 years. Don't recall any hiccups. If there were, it was user or ammo error.

As far as less than 100 rounds, I can see it. You had a lot of people buying last year. They probably bought one box of ammo, shot it, then put it away. You'd have to judge over all wear to determine if they're being truthful or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I would bet that for the most part it is true.

Most people don't shoot much. Like stated before, a box or two of ammo and put it away. With the whole Sandy Hook thing and the ammo shortages some people couldn't shoot but had to get a firearm.

Yes, ofcourse there are liars out there. You guys know as well as I do, 100 shots fired or 1000, it doesn't matter. The firearm still has a long life ahead of it. It just sounds better to say less when you are selling.

Personally, I would rather buy a used gun with a couple hundred rounds through it. Let someone else break it in and then I can buy it cheaper.

Last edited:

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I would bet that for the most it is true.

Most people don't shoot much. Like stated before, a box or two of ammo and put it away. With the whole Sandy Hook thing and the ammo shortages some people couldn't shoot but had to get a firearm.

Yes, ofcourse there are liars out there. You guys know as well as I do, 100 shots fired or 1000, it doesn't matter. The firearm still has a long life ahead of it. It just sounds better to say less when you are selling.

Personally, I would rather buy a used gun with a couple hundred rounds through it. Let someone else break it in and then I can buy it cheaper.

I agree with all of this.

I shoot more than most so my outlook on shooting is of course going to be different from most others.

I can say that for the most part everything I've bought used from an individual has been exactly as advertised with only two exceptions.

I have found that TGT members and Texas Bow Hunters members tend to be the most trustworthy to deal with than just about any other site out there.

Then again, I'm very selective of what I buy and who I deal with (yes, feedback scores and comments matter) which likely puts me even further apart from most others.

I guess I'm just a firearm buying and shooting anomaly. ;)

The flood of new gun buyers over the last two years (6 really), and the ammunition shortage experienced during the same period can definitely be a plausible explanation for the masses of "100 rounds or less" guns we're seeing hit the used market.

I would venture that a whole lot of the new gun guys/gals who have recently entered the game bought what they thought they wanted only to end up refining their wants as their firearm knowledge matured. Now they are selling the impulse items for things that they have found they like better. Or that they found they could feed ammo easier (in the case of all the bargains on .22 firearms out there right now).

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    It kind of depends. For me, the first time I take a new to me handgun or .22 out, I shoot at least 100 rounds through it. Rifles not so much. I think there is a distinction between shooting 9mm or .338's.

Top Bottom