ARJ Defense ad

It’s crunch time, Sig p320 M-18 or Shadow Systems XR-920 elite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pfflyer55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2022
    Texas
    Any feedback on either of these 2 guns? I am a first timer and like the thumb safety feature on the M-18 and the 3 mags it comes with. The feel of the xr920 is sweet as a peach. The main feature I like on the XR is the trigger safety and the pull is jut awesome. Still haven’t fired either. HELP!
    Gun Zone Deals

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I like Sigs because the serialized part is the FCU. This will allow you to swap frames as often as you like. Sig frames and aftermarket frames are readily available in many configurations.

Shadow Systems are like upgraded Glocks. If you’ve shot Glock well in the past, the natural point of aim for a Shadow Systems may be the way to go.

pfflyer55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2022
    Texas
    The XR OR MR are in the lead, The reps of Shadow Systems are going to be at the local shop tomorrow and offering 10% off all their pistols. They are going to bring a few of the latest updated colors and a lot of swag. So The elite will cost about the same as the combat.
    The M-18 although an inferior product, it’s also about $200 less and has 3 mags. Still a tough decision.

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    I owned a 320 with a Wilson Combat grip module for a while, admittedly loved it. I carry a Shadow Systems DR 920 and sold the Sig. While the Sig was a nice platform the Shadow is a Glock platform that has been enhanced. It shoots markedly better in every way for me. The aftermarket parts support is rivaled only by the 1911 aftermarket parts availably. The Shadow due to how they undercut the frame gets back on target faster than the SIG or Glock. SIG mags are $50 vs a little over $30 for the Glock mags which I use instead of the Magpul mags Shadow uses. You won't be disappointed with either platform but I believe at this time the Glock platform has more to offer so my advice is the Shadow. Good luck with your decision.

Annihilator

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2022
    USA
    While I don’t have a M18, I do have the M17 and like it quite well, as for the Glock clones, most are very good guns, personally I like the Polymer 80 version of the G19, plus like it’s mentioned, on Sigs you can change the grip modules and Wilson makes good ones, also Sig has the x series of modules, just my thoughts

pfflyer55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2022
    Texas
    Although I have the xr920 on layaway the m-18 is quite intriguing. The thumb safety is a high priority as I’m a novice and without experience would feel more comfortable. But the XR920 feels better in my hand. Hard choice to make.

Tank

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    Houston
    If you are going to spend that kind of $, why not go for something along the lines of a Sig 229 (Legion or Elite) - I haven't found a better consistent solid handgun out there yet to beat it, but that is just opinion... I walked into the Athena Club at lunch this week and found they really had a huge selection of handguns to rent/try and liked the comment about try before you buy stated previously. Last thing I want to do is spend over a grand for a handgun that I don't like the way it performs.

Last edited:

pfflyer55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2022
    Texas
    Fired a Glock 19X and did ok, just not the feel I want. I rented a p229 legion and loved it, but several times the slide did not lock back when empty, maybe I rode the slide stop lever. pretty accurate for me! Really can't say there are any cons, Just a bit pricey. I have about 3 weeks to make up my mind. Still like the M-18 for all that you get and a couple hundred bucks less.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    920 Would be my choice. The 320 - M-18 platform just doesn't work for me. Then again, the G-19 platform doesn't work for me either.

How about a Commander sized 9mm 1911 instead? :evil:

Tank

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    Houston
    I agree about the sig p229 being a bit pricey, however my experience with it is that it is consistent and solid, so I don't mind the premium expense. It's one of those Arms that if you really like it, you will probably never get rid of it. I have the Scorpion Elite 9mm p229...no way am I selling it. In fact I am thinking of picking up the legion version so it is not so lonely and has a brother

pfflyer55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2022
    Texas
    If you are going to spend that kind of $, why not go for something along the lines of a Sig 229 (Legion or Elite) - I haven't found a better consistent solid handgun out there yet to beat it, but that is just opinion... I walked into the Athena Club at lunch this week and found they really had a huge selection of handguns to rent/try and liked the comment about try before you buy stated previously. Last thing I want to do is spend over a grand for a handgun that I don't like the way it performs.
    Where is Athena club in relation to Fort Worth?

Top Bottom