• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    I already have one of those, and I don't really want to shoot it anymore because it's starting to show its age. I'd rather have a Fulton personally so I could shoot it without feel guilty over wearing out my 1943 even more.
    Yes. I have a 1943 in original configuration. I don't want to wear it out. But, it sure is fun to shoot. I qualified several times as Expert Marksman with one back in the 60's.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    Yes. I have a 1943 in original configuration. I don't want to wear it out. But, it sure is fun to shoot. I qualified several times as Expert Marksman with one back in the 60's.
    Yeah, I love to shoot mine. That's why I want a quality modern production one. I really don't take it out to the range much anymore, because over the recent years the stock has started getting loose around the receiver and has caused feeding issues that it never used to have. So now I just keep it clean and oiled and it hangs out in my office for me to look at. One day I'll pick up a Fulton Armory M1 Match and go have some fun with it in some competitions.

Inspector43

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    Yeah, I love to shoot mine. That's why I want a quality modern production one. I really don't take it out to the range much anymore, because over the recent years the stock has started getting loose around the receiver and has caused feeding issues that it never used to have. So now I just keep it clean and oiled and it hangs out in my office for me to look at. One day I'll pick up a Fulton Armory M1 Match and go have some fun with it in some competitions.
    OK, about how much does a Fulton M1 Match cost? Are you talking Garand or Carbine? I can't imagine living without an M1 Carbine.

toby1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2018
    Llano, Tx
    Just throwing my .02 out there but, what about an Erma .22 clone of the M1 carbine? I realize it is not a WW2 rifle. It's just about a dead ringer for a carbine. They are out of production, but they can be found on Gunbroker. I had one, and guys would come up to me thinking it was a carbine till they saw it was a .22. That might be a little easier for a 10 year old to handle. The Ruger can be dressed to look like a semi clone of the carbine, but the Erma version is a lot closer.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Worth the extra pennies. I'd rather have spent a few hundred extra for a really good rifle than settle with something I'm not really that into, like a Mosin

While you may not be "into them," Mosins are "really good rifles" and are increasing in value much faster than Garands and M1 carbines!

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    While you may not be "into them," Mosins are "really good rifles" and are increasing in value much faster than Garands and M1 carbines!
    I've shot them. They're alright. Some are pretty decent, some are super junky. Not saying no one should get them, especially if you see em for $200 or so, that's a good deal for a very serviceable rifle.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas

Most mosins are trash. The finn ones are good, but are still trounced by any other world war era bolt gun, much less an M1 Garand.

The value of mosins has tapped off at around 200-400$. A few years ago 150$ seemed to be the avg. price for a basic 91/30

On the m1 side of things, a CMP rack grade will sell almost instantly at 1500$ on the open market.

Inspector43

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    Most mosins are trash. The finn ones are good, but are still trounced by any other world war era bolt gun, much less an M1 Garand.

The value of mosins has tapped off at around 200-400$. A few years ago 150$ seemed to be the avg. price for a basic 91/30

On the m1 side of things, a CMP rack grade will sell almost instantly at 1500$ on the open market.
    I didn't realize the M1 Garand was moving that much. I haven't paid much attention. I got my 1943 Winchester many years ago. Nowhere near that much. And it is a fine shooter.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I didn't realize the M1 Garand was moving that much. I haven't paid much attention. I got my 1943 Winchester many years ago. Nowhere near that much. And it is a fine shooter.

If you got it from the CMP, it should be noted the CMP is not an importer, they are simply reselling returned war aid that was originally given by the US GOV'T to help cover the CMP's various shooting programs.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom