Patriot Mobile

ISO Outdoor Gun Range that allows FMJ & Rapid Fire.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    I’ll play this game all night. Both say “rIfle FMJ”. Does an AR pistol count as rifle FMJ? What about subsonic 300BLK out of an 8” barrel vs a .30-30. What about an AR in 9mm? Then there’s the BFRs and 10mm.

That kind of retardia should inform you that isn’t a place you would be safe at.

Also, since you seem to have the answers, why aren’t you helping the OP out?

I am pointing out ranges in DFW that don’t allow FMJ. Effectively narrowing his search. All you have done is demand proof, which I provided, and you apparently cannot deal with the reality that there are ranges in Texas, especially DFW, that do not allow FMJ. You threw down the challenge, I accepted and proved you wrong. It’s OK to admit you were wrong—we won’t hold it against you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Venture Surplus ad

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    I also supplied a link to the exact same question with three pages of answers from a few years ago. I think I am being very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    Some grumpy people in here today.

You’re going to have to get out of the metroplex for what you are looking for.

ETTS:

620 GREATHOUSE ROAD. WAXAHACHIE, TX 75167​

972-268-2485

TDSA:
    1125 Wolf Springs Rd E,
    Ferris, TX 75125
    972-217-1182

But new guy calm down. It’s going to be okay.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States

ETTS:

972-268-2485

TDSA:
    1125 Wolf Springs Rd E,
    Ferris, TX 75125
    972-217-1182

I'm not grumpy. I answered his question. There are none. There ARE gun clubs that allow it, but that wasn't what he asked. He asked if there was outdoor ranges that allowed it. Damn near none in Texas do.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    lightning-399853_1920.jpg

Dylan40cal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2021
    Texas
    Thank you to those who answered and gave recommendations. So, I've asked around and I heard TDSA out in Dallas County is a good range that has a bunch of tactical bays, allows rapid fire, run and gun, FMJ etc. I also heard Extreme Tactics and Training Solutions is also a great range that allows FMJ, but strictly prohibits armor piercing rounds.

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    For what you want, you’ll likely have to join a private range like TDSA or ETTS to do both, shoot FMJ and rapid fire. I’ve never been to ETTS but used to be a member of TDSA. I enjoyed TDSA but the annual membership has gone way up and am no longer a member there. If you go, bring mud boots and mosquito repellant after a rain. It’s in the Trinity River floodplain south of Dallas.

Txgunrange.com in between Midlothian and Mansfield off of 287 allows FMJ but not rapid fire. They are also very strict with safety rules.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    For what you want, you’ll likely have to join a private range like TDSA or ETTS to do both, shoot FMJ and rapid fire. I’ve never been to ETTS but used to be a member of TDSA. I enjoyed TDSA but the annual membership has gone way up and am no longer a member there. If you go, bring mud boots and mosquito repellant after a rain. It’s in the Trinity River floodplain south of Dallas.

Txgunrange.com in between Midlothian and Mansfield off of 287 allows FMJ but not rapid fire. They are also very strict with safety rules.
    What are they up to now last I asked it’s 500

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    What are they up to now last I asked it’s 500
    When I first joined years ago it was $250/yr. They went up to $350/yr about 4 or 5 years ago after I left. Not surprised to hear it had gone up to $500/yr or more nowadays.

Last I checked ETTS it was about $600/yr, but that was years ago. I don’t know how much it is now, but I’m sure it’s much more than that.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    When I first joined years ago it was $250/yr. They went up to $350/yr about 4 or 5 years ago after I left. Not surprised to hear it had gone up to $500/yr or more nowadays.

Last I checked ETTS it was about $600/yr, but that was years ago. I don’t know how much it is now, but I’m sure it’s much more than that.
    Oof. Yeah I could see it for 250/350 but with how busy it is on the weekends when I have time to go and the price I was out.

SIGO

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2022
    Fort Worth

ETTS:

972-268-2485

TDSA:
    1125 Wolf Springs Rd E,
    Ferris, TX 75125
    972-217-1182

I’m new to the area and found this place. I love it. It is worth the drive south of Forth Worth. Great staff. Good maintenance. restroom facilities could use an upgrade, but this can be mitigated with proper planning…

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I’m new to the area and found this place. I love it. It is worth the drive south of Forth Worth. Great staff. Good maintenance. restroom facilities could use an upgrade, but this can be mitigated with proper planning…
    Welcome to the Forum!

daywee3d

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2022
    Waxahachie
    In Waxahachie/Maypearl area there is a fantastic range called ETTS (Extreme Tactics Training Solutions). Outdoor range with huge bays and barrels to run drills. Most of the bays have steel targets set up too.

Top Bottom