Patriot Mobile

ISO Outdoor Gun Range that allows FMJ & Rapid Fire.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dylan40cal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2021
    Texas
    Haven't really had time to go shooting all that much and have been conserving some ammo for a while, but I think I'm going to plan a few trips to the range this summer just for the heck of it. I'm looking for the best outdoor range (in your opinion) that allows FMJ and rapid fire. I live in the Dallas Fort Worth area so let me know your opinions.
    Gun Zone Deals

Dylan40cal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2021
    Texas
    Barring anyone recommending a specific gun range, there is always the old fashioned method of calling up various gun ranges and asking the same questions.
    Some ranges are better than others. Just asking what are some good outdoor ranges in the DFW area that people would recommend. If you don't have any recommendations, then I don't see the nature of a reply.

Dylan40cal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2021
    Texas
    OP really needs to learn some manners as well as grow up some.
    I politely asked for some recommendations about some local outdoor gun ranges and wanted to hear from people about their experiences and what they recommend. You originally pointed me to a map of gun ranges but it wasn't really what I was looking for so I re-clarified. Another reply comes in recommending me to call around and ask a bunch of ranges, instead of asking people on the forum, and again I had to re-clarify.

It's the fact I keep getting notifications and responses that aren't particularly getting to the point and are falling out of subject in which I will admit, is getting a little frustrating. Didn't mean to offend anyone here, just wanted to get some feedback with some recommendations but I guess I probably won't find it here.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Alright, since the syntax is all fubar, I’m giving the benefit if the doubt.

For posterity, here’s what I said and your response:
    d37e3f339857b6d5029231b394f196cb.jpg

Now, I’ll straight up ask you to name the range that prohibits FMJ in something smaller than .50. I know you’re not talking .50 because colloquially that’s ball and not FMJ.

That leaves us with guessing if your shooting .338L, .300WSM, or leas than a handful of other ultra magnums. Considering how unique those calibers are, I doubt someone shooting that shît would be asking the public where to light off some rounds at, so that means you probably don’t onow what the fûck your talking about.

But I’m also man enough to know I sometimes don’t understand other folks’ questions, so allow me this indulgence: what range has told you that FMJ is not allowed on their property. That’s the kind of place we all need to know about so we can avoid it.

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    Alright, since the syntax is all fubar, I’m giving the benefit if the doubt.

For posterity, here’s what I said and your response:
    d37e3f339857b6d5029231b394f196cb.jpg

Now, I’ll straight up ask you to name the range that prohibits FMJ in something smaller than .50. I know you’re not talking .50 because colloquially that’s ball and not FMJ.

That leaves us with guessing if your shooting .338L, .300WSM, or leas than a handful of other ultra magnums. Considering how unique those calibers are, I doubt someone shooting that shît would be asking the public where to light off some rounds at, so that means you probably don’t onow what the fûck your talking about.

But I’m also man enough to know I sometimes don’t understand other folks’ questions, so allow me this indulgence: what range has told you that FMJ is not allowed on their property. That’s the kind of place we all need to know about so we can avoid it.

Lots of ranges in Texas prohibit FMJ. I don’t have time to list them all, but here are two: eagle peak in Leander and garland public shooting range in DFW. Rule #1. http://www.eaglepeakshootingrange.com/gpsr/rules.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Lots of ranges in Texas prohibit FMJ. I don’t have time to list them all, but here are two: eagle peak in Leander and garland public shooting range in DFW. Rule #1. http://www.eaglepeak BB Rnage

Literally the first one I’ve seen in my 48 years here, so “lots” is relative. Thanks for sharing, I won’t he giving the them my time or money, which is why the link is broke.

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    This is a cyclical question that has been covered many times before.

I would say “lots” of DFW ranges disallow FMJ.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Alpine range in DFW. Rule #2.

Pretty sure quail creek in DFW also disallows FMJ. DFW was very FMJ unfriendly from what I remember living there years ago……

I’ll play this game all night. Both say “rIfle FMJ”. Does an AR pistol count as rifle FMJ? What about subsonic 300BLK out of an 8” barrel vs a .30-30. What about an AR in 9mm? Then there’s the BFRs and 10mm.

That kind of retardia should inform you that isn’t a place you would be safe at.

Also, since you seem to have the answers, why aren’t you helping the OP out?

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I politely asked for some recommendations about some local outdoor gun ranges and wanted to hear from people about their experiences and what they recommend. You originally pointed me to a map of gun ranges but it wasn't really what I was looking for so I re-clarified. Another reply comes in recommending me to call around and ask a bunch of ranges, instead of asking people on the forum, and again I had to re-clarify.

It's the fact I keep getting notifications and responses that aren't particularly getting to the point and are falling out of subject in which I will admit, is getting a little frustrating. Didn't mean to offend anyone here, just wanted to get some feedback with some recommendations but I guess I probably won't find it here.

I've been to almost 200 ranges in Texas. DFW is the worst. I have yet to find any outdoor that allow rapid fire in the DFW area.

There your question is answered.

You're new here so I'm going to clue you in.

1) grow thicker skin this group likes to razz on people for fun because its what we do
    2) don't be snippy you're the new guy. Yes you're asking a question but the "hey stupid google it yourself" mantra still applies
    3) Stick around you might learn something and make some friends on the way. I have and I'm just a dumb millennial.

Top Bottom