• ...and so much more!
  • Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I saw this on social media. Is it real? If so, where are we meeting, because this is the line in the sand and if you don't want to cross it just hand your guns to me so I can give them to someone that will use them and isn't a coward.

1610241574686.png
    Venture Surplus ad

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    why we need to utilize the precedents set by pot legalization to prevent the enforcement of federal gun laws designed to prevent legal gun ownership.

Care to explain these precedents you speak of?

Just because a state legalizes, or decriminalizes marijuana, still doesn't make it legal at the federal level.

Read a recent version of Form 4473 for further proof of that.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    But can they enforce it???

I suspect that they just choose not to enforce the federal drug laws. It's not like it's some secret the feds know nothing about.

I'll also dig up the story of where the feds did pursue a case for a person being in possession of an untaxed stamped suppressor in state that passed a law that suppressors were legal in that state, within that state and if they were manufactured in that state.

So my thoughts and opinions are, any state that chooses to pass gun laws that contradict federal gun laws, are possibly going to be pursued, and prosecuted by the federal government.

ETA: Here is some information on the suppressor case I was referring to.

Last edited:

alwho421

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Bartlett
    hhhmm got at least one friend who did 7 yrs in fed pen for pot distribution yet had 14 dispensaries within 5 blocks of my house in Loveland hmmmm

alwho421

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Bartlett
    Funny to me is that some folks still believe that the legal system is alive and relevant in American society. Medical marijuana is legal in 34 states and in 11 states it's smoke em if you got em. The use/possession of marijuana is illegal per Controlled Substances Act (CSA). What make pot legal across the country is the court of public opinion. Best news in the millions of guns that were sold in 2020. I doubt people got them just to give them back as police forces are being neutured and the murder rate go up dramatically. We need to promote responsible gun ownership, bring forward new gun clubs and become a solid political force in American politics. We need to develop communication channels outside the control of mega corporations. Out motto should be take a responsible sensible friend to the range today.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Funny to me is that some folks still believe that the legal system is alive and relevant in American society. Medical marijuana is legal in 34 states and in 11 states it's smoke em if you got em. The use/possession of marijuana is illegal per Controlled Substances Act (CSA). What make pot legal across the country is the court of public opinion. Best news in the millions of guns that were sold in 2020. I doubt people got them just to give them back as police forces are being neutured and the murder rate go up dramatically. We need to promote responsible gun ownership, bring forward new gun clubs and become a solid political force in American politics. We need to develop communication channels outside the control of mega corporations. Out motto should be take a responsible sensible friend to the range today.

So, I guess you can't show any legal precedents to back up your previous comments earlier?

alwho421

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Bartlett
    11 states where it's legal isn't precedent enough. The point is there is technical law and practical law and I guess your too lawyered to see the difference.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    11 states where it's legal isn't precedent enough. The point is there is technical law and practical law and I guess your too lawyered to see the difference.

Please explain the difference between technical law and practical law?

Eleven states my have passed state laws that legalize, or just decriminalize marijuana, but they still don't have immunity from federal laws. The federal government still has ultimate and final jurisdiction over drug and gun laws in this country.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    why we need to utilize the precedents set by pot legalization to prevent the enforcement of federal gun laws designed to prevent legal gun ownership.

Again, please show the precedents you spoke of in the first post you made.

What I countered with, is fact, not an opinion.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

The Cole memo is what kept feds from enforcing pot laws. A political decision not to enforce. Even when Sessions rolled back the Cole memo in 2018, DOJ didn’t start prosecuting the ‘sanctioned’ pot users/growers/distributors, etc., unless FDIC banks were being used to launder the money.

Top Bottom