• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Yeah but.... Now I'll never get done!!!!!!!!!!

Actually.... the SR22 looked pretty good.
    I agree that the SR22 looked okay and a little copper doesn't mean much either. The value of these scopes is also when you go to purchase a used gun, the barrel looks like shit and you don't buy it or markedly lower the price. I wish I had one when I bought my SKS, probably could have saved some big bucks.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Well... Ran around 300 Aguila rounds and it appears problem solved. I could use laser or irons and hit the target. Probably 4" groupings @ 7 yards. I still had the occasional flyer. I don't think the SR22 is quite as accurate or consistent as Moonpie's Beretta .22LR that I shot. But... all three hundred rounds hit paper which was not the case the last time I shot it. AND... just doing a visual of the bore at the range after a couple of hundred rounds the bore looked spotless. I'll post a picture taken with bore scope tomorrow.

ETA: AND... the holes in the target were round not rectangular!

Dimonback

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Austin
    ETA: Interesting.... After working on this barrel for at least two hours, multiple rounds though the ultra-sonic cleaner, multiple repetitions of bore brush/jag/patch. I'm still seeing trash at the end of the barrel and what appears to be pitting in the middle of the barrel between the rifling. I am using a magnifying glass to see this stuff but it's fer sure there. Guess I'll keep'a working on it.
    When I was firing cast .45ACP bullets in competition, I found a lot of leading in the barrel. I'd tried running hot jacketed bullets out as my last mag full, and it helped some. Then I saw someone recommend cutting off a piece of a copper Chore Boy pad and running that through wrapped around the brush. It only took a coup[e -three passes and the fouling was gone. I suspect it will be a bit tougher through a .22 barrel, but I bet it works for you.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    When I was firing cast .45ACP bullets in competition, I found a lot of leading in the barrel. I'd tried running hot jacketed bullets out as my last mag full, and it helped some. Then I saw someone recommend cutting off a piece of a copper Chore Boy pad and running that through wrapped around the brush. It only took a coup[e -three passes and the fouling was gone. I suspect it will be a bit tougher through a .22 barrel, but I bet it works for you.
    You read my post #17 I see.

imacad

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Earth
    Haven't read the previous 5 pages but have you tried different ammunition? maybe a copper plated round after cleaning the barrel?

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    At least read the thread before posting. Stupid to just post stuff without reading anything first. Not a good way to get your 25 posts in. Just pay the $10.

Top Bottom