• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    a 9mm pistol caliber carbine or a 5.56mm rifle is best for home defense when used with frangible/expanding ammunition.
    Failure to adequately penetrate is the primary mode of failure for handguns, regardless of caliber. Frangible ammunition will only exacerbate the marginal effectiveness inherent to handguns.

Personally, I'd rather go with FMJ over frangible ammo out of a pistol. Anything that won't shoot through walls, isn't likely to get to anything important if the target is anything except below avg BMI.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Failure to adequately penetrate is the primary mode of failure for handguns, regardless of caliber. Frangible ammunition will only exacerbate the marginal effectiveness inherent to handguns.

Personally, I'd rather go with FMJ over frangible ammo out of a pistol. Anything that won't shoot through walls, isn't likely to get to anything important if the target is anything except below avg BMI.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    Now you did it. He'll proposition you now.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

I'm kind of, in a morbid sense of curiosity why gay men always are propositioning you all the time here on the forum? It's not like TGT is a gay men's dating site or some sort!

Gambler seemed to have a deep fascination with your butt, and now this new guy seems to be forming the same fascination as well.

Kind of reeks of creepy stalker kind of shit if you ask me.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I'm kind of, in a morbid sense of curiosity why gay men always are propositioning you all the time here on the forum? It's not like TGT is a gay men's dating site or some sort!

Gambler seemed to have a deep fascination with your butt, and now this new guy seems to be forming the same fascination as well.

Kind of reeks of creepy stalker kind of shit if you ask me.

It is a nice butt in a saggy flat assed old man whose lost muscle mass due to aging and multiple surgery sorta way.

Trollin indeed. Trollin for flat saggy old man ass.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. My wife loves it...she says.

Seiously, Try as he might, no one cares who or what he screws as long as it's an adult and can consent.

It just ain't gonna be me.

No ones falling into that trap.

Not that theres anything wrong with traps. Just not my thing.

seinfeld-not-that-theres-anything-wrong-with-that.gif

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Dang y’all need to relax. It’s not worth getting your blood pressure up. How about thread reset? Some interesting information in this thread.

An idea I have is 45 acp out of a short barrel may be a good home defense option. It gets pretty weak out of short barrels and has been shown to have trouble penetrating many objects. Also there’s plenty of short barrel shotguns one can obtain that would be perfect for clearing rooms and possibly being safe. Youtubers have done these experiments.
    Pistol Caliber carbines (PCC) are a lot of fun (I have one in 9mm). They just suffer from the main drawback of pistols. Pistol calibers are outshined by rifle and shotgun calibers, even in short barrels.

I’ve a big believer that AR type rifles are the best for home defense in 98% of circumstances (not a universally agreed upon sentiment on this board, mind you), but I would still take a shotgun over a handgun every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

PCC’s are really easy and fun to shoot. I highly recommend them. My favorite SBR.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Pistol Caliber carbines (PCC) are a lot of fun (I have one in 9mm). They just suffer from the main drawback of pistols. Pistol calibers are outshined by rifle and shotgun calibers, even in short barrels.

I’ve a big believer that AR type rifles are the best for home defense in 98% of circumstances (not a universally agreed upon sentiment on this board, mind you), but I would still take a shotgun over a handgun every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

PCC’s are really easy and fun to shoot. I highly recommend them. My favorite SBR.
    If you can find it, this stuff is absolutely gnarly out of a 16” barreled PCC.
    7B08DA0B-29C8-4036-9BF5-E14EBE7A1CB5.jpeg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    PPC's are becoming very popular for various reasons. In some applications, they can be very handy as home defensive weapons, and make great truck guns as well. Upsides are they use very readily available, (for the most part.) pistol ammo, low recoil, compact, and most don't required an SBR tax stamp to own them, and many use common pistol magazines as well. Plus, they are loads of fun to shoot.

The one I have tried a friend owns is the Kel-Tec Sub 2000 in 40 S&W. I was hooked and wanted one after the first magazine.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    A screaming fast 100gr soft point. This round punched 18+” of compressed wet cardboard from my Ruger PCC
    Nice. How do they group? I have a sub2000 and ruger pcc. I mostly run subs with a can but those 100 grainers might be useful on pest too.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Nothing says "Love".........

Like a good 12ga.!
    12 gauge. For those times when you need to reach out and touch someone, up close and personal like!
    Way I'm a seein' thangs...............

Bunch o folk be much improved.............

with a good..........

12 GAUGE.............

BLAME ENEMA!
    I remember an idiot years ago on another gun forum criticized me for choosing a 12 gauge with buck-shot for home defense. Claimed it would tear up wall and leave a huge bloody mess to clean up if I had to use it.

Hmm...Well, if cleaning up blood and brain matter, and patching a few holes in drywall are the cost of keeping my loved ones safe, I'll pay that cost every day if I have to. Small sacrifice IMO.

Top Bottom