• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E6InTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Houston Area
    I scored a like new 930 for $500 from a fellow old grunt.

It replaced the Moss 500 next to the bed...

Attachments

• 20210729_235409.jpg
      20210729_235409.jpg
      745.8 KB · Views: 60

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    They are if all of your acquired knowledge of guns is from video games, or you are trolling on a gun forum.
    So you were just talking out your ass? Arguing to argue?

That's a Gambler like play.
    no, I was making a point that shotguns aren't the be all end all of self defense considering that most buckshot loads will go through the drywall and wooden frames of an average house or apartment, inadvertently destroying property or maiming/killing someone due to over-penetration, and in some situations a 9mm carbine or a 5.56mm rifle loaded with frangible ammunition can be better for home defense, but I guess my sarcasm is too highbrow for the likes of y'all considering you automatically jump to accusations of trolling when someone says something in a way you dont like because y'all are old bats who complain about folks having their elbows on the table when eating a sandwich or you are humorless sods who think "ugh grug think new thing bad".

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    no, I was making a point that shotguns aren't the be all end all of self defense considering that most buckshot loads will go through the drywall and wooden frames of an average house or apartment, inadvertently destroying property or maiming/killing someone due to over-penetration, and in some situations a 9mm carbine or a 5.56mm rifle loaded with frangible ammunition can be better for home defense, but I guess my sarcasm is too highbrow for the likes of y'all considering you automatically jump to accusations of trolling when someone says something in a way you dont like because y'all are old bats who complain about folks having their elbows on the table when eating a sandwich or you are humorless sods who think "ugh grug think new thing bad".
    Seriously, have you ever actually shot a gun? You need to stop with the nonsense of things you obviously have no knowledge of.

First of all, IF have any reading comprehension, go back and read all my replies on this thread. Not once have I ever asserted, or said a shotgun was the be all, to end all home defense guns ever.

Second, maybe instead of just relying upon internet myths and stupid crap you have learned from video games and TV, and actually have shot loads into various building materials you would know your comments are total nonsense.

And yes, you are trolling. Keep it up and you will end up just like all the other trolls on this forum, a long gone member. Mods here frown on trolling.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Seriously, have you ever actually shot a gun? You need to stop with the nonsense of things you obviously have no knowledge of.

First of all, IF have any reading comprehension, go back and read all my replies on this thread. Not once have I ever asserted, or said a shotgun was the be all, to end all home defense guns ever.

Second, maybe instead of just relying upon internet myths and stupid crap you have learned from video games and TV, and actually have shot loads into various building materials you would know your comments are total nonsense.

And yes, you are trolling. Keep it up and you will end up just like all the other trolls on this forum, a long gone member. Mods here frown on trolling.

gee what is this, a video of me shooting a firearm? from last year in the winter weather before the great frost hit!?

oh look another one

I understand I can be abrasive and brash, but calling me a troll because im not acting to your standards is disingenuous and makes you look like a prick.

and buckshot going through walls isn't a myth, and you can prove it in the real world plus not all shotguns and shot-shells pattern the same way. and shotguns might be good at close range, doesnt mean that all the pellets will hit the target in a home defense situation unless you are very close or you live in an area where your neighbors are far enough away that over penetration means nothing, not everyone lives in a log cabin and some people on this very forum live in the city or maybe an apartment and there are many things to consider for self defense besides whether you are using a shotgun or not.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

gee what is this, a video of me shooting a firearm? from last year in the winter weather before the great frost hit!?

oh look another one

I understand I can be abrasive and brash, but calling me a troll because im not acting to your standards is disingenuous and makes you look like a prick.

and buckshot going through walls isn't a myth, and you can prove it in the real world plus not all shotguns and shot-shells pattern the same way. and shotguns might be good at close range, doesnt mean that all the pellets will hit the target in a home defense situation unless you are very close or you live in an area where your neighbors are far enough away that over penetration means nothing, not everyone lives in a log cabin and some people on this very forum live in the city or maybe an apartment and there are many things to consider for self defense besides whether you are using a shotgun or not.

You are not abrasive or brash, you just have not the first clue of what you are talking about.

Unlike yourself, I have actually fired a few rounds into various building materials, at different distances and with different types of loads.

Nice try there A1 Sauce! Maybe when you grow up and learn a few things, maybe you might be invited to the adult discussions.

Have a nice day, and Bless your little heart!

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    You are not abrasive or brash, you just have not the first clue of what you are talking about.

Unlike yourself, I have actually fired a few rounds into various building materials, at different distances and with different types of loads.

Nice try there A1 Sauce! Maybe when you grow up and learn a few things, maybe you might be invited to the adult discussions.

Have a nice day, and Bless your little heart!
    whatever you say man, I don't see you posting proof of anything besides talking out of your ass.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    You're creating arguements out of thin air.

No one has posited on point for you to argue about. Well except the insinuation about distance.

Everyone on this forum has discussed the differences between drywall penetration of 9mm 556 and various shotgun loads multiple times over multiple threads.

We know why some 556 rounds penetrates less drywall or with less energy than 9mm, equal number of drywall, and some 12 gage loads. Some dont by the way. Nothing is absolute. Which is why it's best to make the educated and practiced choice for your self and ignore the trash online.

By the way, you're calling the wrong people trash.

I got 20 bucks that says you're Gambler 5.0.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    maybe in 1876 or if you live in a place where your neighbor is like 2 miles away.

what is a hyperbole for 500 dollars alex?
    Ya see there with your posts there A1 Sauce. Those are what many of us here consider trolling remarks. They served no purpose other than you trying to start and argument.

So yes, if them troll shoes fit, please lace them up and wear them with pride.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    You're creating arguements out of thin air.

No one has posited on point for you to argue about. Well except the insinuation about distance.

Everyone on this forum has discussed the differences between drywall penetration of 9mm 556 and various shotgun loads multiple times over multiple threads.

We know why some 556 rounds penetrates less drywall or with less energy than 9mm, equal number of drywall, and some 12 gage loads. Some dont by the way. Nothing is absolute. Which is why it's best to make the educated and practiced choice for your self and ignore the trash online.

By the way, you're calling the wrong people trash.

I got 20 bucks that says you're Gambler 5.0.
    you seem to be obsessed with this gambler fella, maybe you should call him if you wanna jump on his jimmy so much.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    i dunno man, I think you could be trolling considering you have been arguing about anything I post on this said forum.
    Prove it. I have merely challenged your posts based upon their content of the fact that most of them are entirely wrong and that you have little knowledge of the topics you post on.

If that is trolling, then yes, I'm guilty as charged.

Just like Gambler, you expect us to prove things, but don't feel the same standard applies to yourself. Now whether you are Gambler resurrected, again, I don't know, but you sure are acting in similar manner.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    That's the second time you dropped that. No one here gives a shit.

Nice try.
    i dunno man you give enough of a shit to respond to me, if you wanna go on a date you can just ask y'know.

Prove it. I have merely challenged your posts based upon their content of the fact that most of them are entirely wrong and that you have little knowledge of the topics you post on.

If that is trolling, then yes, I'm guilty as charged.

Just like Gambler, you expect us to prove things, but don't feel the same standard applies to yourself. Now whether you are Gambler resurrected, again, I don't know, but you sure are acting in similar manner.

you said I didn't go shooting and I post a video of myself shooting guns, you ask for sources I gave ya sources. unlike you I put my money where my mouth is, but that apparently doesnt mean a lot to someone who thinks they are hot shit (read: you). I'm a simple man, if someone asks for proof of something or a source I will give it to them, but I also expect the same from others which is probably naïve on my part but that's just how I am.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Dang y’all need to relax. It’s not worth getting your blood pressure up. How about thread reset? Some interesting information in this thread.

An idea I have is 45 acp out of a short barrel may be a good home defense option. It gets pretty weak out of short barrels and has been shown to have trouble penetrating many objects. Also there’s plenty of short barrel shotguns one can obtain that would be perfect for clearing rooms and possibly being safe. Youtubers have done these experiments.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom