Gun Zone Deals

Is the crazy hoarding of 22lr ammo still going on?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    I have been able to get a brick of Blazer at Cabela's almost every time I go...

Hey Hoji, since my ammo test I've been on the lookout for any and all the Blazer I can find, including on Cabela's website. If you ever get any "extra" let me know.
    Target Sports

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    It is no longer crazy, as most folks looking for .22 LR have either satisfied their natural impulse to buy all they could, and the scalpers are no longer in command of the market.

The nearest parallel is the .380 Auto shortage of 2008-2009. It could not be found except from scalpers at $80 per box of 50. In 2010, it returned to normal levels (despite being a limited production item) and the prices leveled out to about twice the price of what we were used to ($8 vs. $16).

Since .22 LR machinery is dedicated exclusively for that round, the only limiting factors are time, components, and machines.

A lot of importers have picked up some of the slack.

Once it gets back on the shelf, expect to pay two times the pre-Obama/Newtown price.

The new normal will be $22 - $28 per 500/525/555 bulk pack. Traditional bricks of target grade 50 round boxes will probably sell anywhere from $45 - $71.

Don't ever again hope to find Winchester M-22 for $55 per 1,000 rounds.

What goes up must come down ... perhaps not as low as before.

Top Bottom