• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Folks that say "Boomer" I stick in the same category as those that'll use the "N-word" if they had the cajones. Since they have nothin' else of value to say, they gotta try to look cool. Now, that does NOT apply to those that'll use it jokingly - I can laugh right along.

As to double-stacks being the "new wave". I alway laugh when I hear it, because it tells me the maturity level and thought process of the poster. Every round you put down range has a million-dollar price tag on it. If you don't consider that in your thought process, you're showing a huge level of immaturity. The average gun owner isn't going to become involved in a prolonged gun battle, the movies you drool over not withstanding. The average is under 3 rounds expended in a gun fight. And unless you've ever been personally involved in the aftermath of a gunfight, you can't begin to appreciate the psychological effects upon any normal, rational human being - even one in which you're 100% in the right.

So, this "Boomer" will continue to carry his single-stack 1911's along with a spare mag, comfortable that he's prepared adequately for any real-life scenario he's likely to become involved with. The Dreamers can continue to carry their double-stack whatevers, wetting themselves at the fantasy of taking on three gangs at once. Just home the errant round they put downrange doesn't end up in a three year old.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    My new daily gun.
    3E7501A0-EDC8-4A71-BCF2-B06B227FBD1B.jpeg

Still looking for a holster.

Attachments

• 3E7501A0-EDC8-4A71-BCF2-B06B227FBD1B.jpeg
      3E7501A0-EDC8-4A71-BCF2-B06B227FBD1B.jpeg
      69.4 KB · Views: 711

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Folks that say "Boomer" I stick in the same category as those that'll use the "N-word" if they had the cajones. Since they have nothin' else of value to say, they gotta try to look cool. Now, that does NOT apply to those that'll use it jokingly - I can laugh right along.

As to double-stacks being the "new wave". I alway laugh when I hear it, because it tells me the maturity level and thought process of the poster. Every round you put down range has a million-dollar price tag on it. If you don't consider that in your thought process, you're showing a huge level of immaturity. The average gun owner isn't going to become involved in a prolonged gun battle, the movies you drool over not withstanding. The average is under 3 rounds expended in a gun fight. And unless you've ever been personally involved in the aftermath of a gunfight, you can't begin to appreciate the psychological effects upon any normal, rational human being - even one in which you're 100% in the right.

So, this "Boomer" will continue to carry his single-stack 1911's along with a spare mag, comfortable that he's prepared adequately for any real-life scenario he's likely to become involved with. The Dreamers can continue to carry their double-stack whatevers, wetting themselves at the fantasy of taking on three gangs at once. Just home the errant round they put downrange doesn't end up in a three year old.
    Absolutely agree!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I don't know. I have a few STIs and they are like butter, but this beauty is apparently for sale in New Braunfels and I have lust in my heart:

Yup - they make some nice guns - at a price! At that price point, I can build my own, but the beauty of the STI 1911 was its' great value. I had actually reached out to order 2 more when they closed the door on the 1911 line - I was bummed. But, I'll find 'em on the secondary market sooner or later!

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Never bought into the 1911's are great group. Did however see the .45acp for what it is to this day, a very good man killer. Carried a S&W 4506 which afforded me 9 rounds. Thus my creed that "shot placement (really) is everything." Rather than add more bullets, I learned to shoot the ones I had. I Learned to trust and care for the gun I had. It did not need a nifty trigger, I knew when the one on it would break and could depend on it. This may be a "Boomer" attitude. If so, I'll stick to it as it worked for me.
    Time has required me to adjust my carry caliber downward. Better another gun than none.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    The GP6 was probably the most reliable gun STI ever sold. Too bad it was a Slovakian import. In all fairness everything they made was top notch back in the day.
    Although it's true they didn't exactly re-invent the wheel, I'll give para ordance the credit for that, they were another fine Texas gun maker. Reminds me to buy another cimmaron soon!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom