• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Musk is always trying to influence things. The more likely scenario is that he has bought a bunch of Austin property and is trying to influence companies and people to move there.

And that seems to be working. The article says he's going to build a billion dollar plant for electric truck production. It also listed three or four other California companies that have announced moves to Austin.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    And that seems to be working. The article says he's going to build a billion dollar plant for electric truck production. It also listed three or four other California companies that have announced moves to Austin.

There will also be tons supply-chain companies that will follow. An auto factory needs a massive amount of supporting industry to function.

While some of this is in place due to other auto plants in the state, they’re in Arlington and San Antonio, much too far to support Austin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    With all the technical people in Austin that can't make the city's web page, maybe Musk needs to look elsewhere?
    What happened to the semiconductor research center? Dell manufacturing? You get the idea.

jtw2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Cedar Creek
    I live not far from the factory they are building. They started building at least a month before it was announced that the deal was done. My property value has already jumped around 25%. The size of that place is amazing. They said 2500 acres. They already have huge 3 story tall buildings up

Top Bottom