• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    I'm a believer in red dot sights. I have mounted red dots on most of my rifles. I have presbyopia also, but I don't have a problem shooting with iron sights as long as I'm wearing my glasses. Red dots are great as long as you don't have a bad astigmatism. I would use the red dots even if I had 20/20 vision, except on hand guns.
    Why the "except on handguns" remark? Having red dots on a SigP320, Glock 19X, Dan Wesson 9mm 1911 and Sig P365XL, they help in both accuracy and shorten time for first shot. Battery life is about 1 year with daily carry and work even in sun light. They should be standard on all handguns today.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Why the "except on handguns" remark? Having red dots on a SigP320, Glock 19X, Dan Wesson 9mm 1911 and Sig P365XL, they help in both accuracy and shorten time for first shot. Battery life is about 1 year with daily carry and work even in sun light. They should be standard on all handguns today.
    I don't have a problem with red dots on target or plinking pistols. But for an EDC handgun where a fast draw and fire might be required, I think a red dot would just get in the way. A little more weight, a little more bulk. When I practice draw and fire, I don't use the sights anyway, I use the point and shoot method.

Top Bottom