Military Camp

Is 2.5 Million DGU's an Inaccurate Number?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Didn't have much faith in the article to begin with.

Completely lost when he referred to "so called second amendment rights" as if they are just something we made up.

Tried using DC as part of his argument while ignoring the fact that it's nearly impossible to legally carry or even own a firearm there. Probably left that part out cause it would look bad next to him admitting DCs ridiculously high crime and murder rates.

I'm pretty sure that DGU number was supposed to include law enforcement which he seemed to ignore. I couldn't tell you how accurate the number is but it's obvious this guy already has his answer and is just finding the right way to get to it.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm willing to toss that out completely just based on the obvious bias of the source. Kleck is on the higher end of estimates, but the average estimate is still around a million/year. Even the Clinton DOJ said something like 1.5 million/year (going from memory). This was back in the '90s, when concealed carry was much less common, and there were a lot less guns out there, and again, it was the anti-gun Clinton administration that released that estimate.

Top Bottom