• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I couldn't come up with an adequate surprised face of my own, so I found this meme:
    1601926469267.png

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    That’s not the friendly division of the IRS. Lucky for him he’s rich (you’re welcome Wayne) And can afford good lawyers, assuming they haven’t seized his funds.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    About freaking time! According to LTC North, things have went sideways at the NRA years ago. When several of the board members resigned in protest, I knew they needed to do something internally. Maybe now, the NRA will get cleaned up.

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    I lived 3 miles from their Headquarters in Fairfax, VA, for over 20 years. I never saw WLP or any of the big names there although I shot at the basement range and visited the excellent museum many times. Even though I was a life member, my access to the offices was always denied by the security official at the doors. I did write to WLP concerning an injustice I believed which occurred to one of the clubs I belonged to that paid a fee to use the range one Tuesday night a month. The NRA Range closed each Tuesday for club events. Rather than a reply, I received a tongue lashing from the Range Master about my letter and our previously guaranteed first Tuesday night of the month was taken from us. We were allowed to shoot as a club whenever another club didn't have a booked Tuesday night. The NRA also increased out fee to $500 per night from $400. Supposedly that provided a range officer and they opened and closed the range. We used our own range safety officers and the provided "NRA range officer" sat in the office watching TV.

I think from all the information that has come out in the last few years, and having spoken to an NRA rep about my now Patron Life Membership, that there is enough smoke and fire to go after the whole leadership of the NRA. I pray that I'm still alive when WLP goes to prison.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I am always wary of stories that come from unnamed sources where the details don't line up with my knowledge of the way the world works.

When the IRS Criminal Investigation Division files charges, they make a big deal out of simultaneously sending out a press release. That's the first time anyone outside the IRS (except, possibly, the suspect and their folks) finds out that someone was investigated by the IRS for criminal tax fraud.

If there is, indeed, a fraud investigation referral submitted (prior to acceptance) or a CID investigation ongoing but not yet concluded, anyone who reveals to the public the existence of that referral or investigation is violating major disclosure laws under Section 6103 of the Internal Revenue Code. Employees who do that get handcuffed and perp-walked out of the building in the middle of the day in front of everyone to set an example.

Congresscritters and their staffs should have absolutely no knowledge of whether or not an individual who is not in government service is even being audited, much less investigated for criminal wrongdoing.

So something is fishy here. Very fishy.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Everything I’ve read over the last few days says the NRA bleeding money between re-election of Trump to their own mountain of legal fees which is ongoing. Hey, at least Uncle Wayne gave back $300k? I think that tax exempt - non profit thing facade is crumbling. Every time I see Lapierre’s photo I think of the Cake song “Rock & Roll lifestyle”

twain55

Texan
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    San Antonio
    I’m curious how much of this “drama” was manufactured so that there is infighting and distrust in the 2A community. It seems to be working well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Col Oliver North resigned over this problem. After that, three other board members resigned. All of them resigned over the very problem that is in the press now. It is not made up. They tried to get Lapierre and his cronies to clean up the mess without success.

The sad thing is, this is when we really need the NRA to stand up and fight. Instead, they will be fighting to stay out of jail.

A similar problem occurred with the head of United Way and the leadership of the Capital Region (Washington, DC and surrounding area), United Way. It seems the head of the United Way was traveling first class, limos, etc. And the regional office had been supporting his habits with "extra funds" from the United Way. Funny, because it was the same reason he left the Baltimore office.

It was so bad that the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) - as well as most of the major businesses in the area - dropped the United Way for several years. All of you who served after '85 or so know how much money that could cost a charity.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Col Oliver North resigned over this problem. After that, three other board members resigned. All of them resigned over the very problem that is in the press now. It is not made up. They tried to get Lapierre and his cronies to clean up the mess without success.

The sad thing is, this is when we really need the NRA to stand up and fight. Instead, they will be fighting to stay out of jail.

A similar problem occurred with the head of United Way and the leadership of the Capital Region (Washington, DC and surrounding area), United Way. It seems the head of the United Way was traveling first class, limos, etc. And the regional office had been supporting his habits with "extra funds" from the United Way. Funny, because it was the same reason he left the Baltimore office.

It was so bad that the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) - as well as most of the major businesses in the area - dropped the United Way for several years. All of you who served after '85 or so know how much money that could cost a charity.
    That's why when I was participating in the CFC I chose the local food bank. Many of the bigger, so called charity, organizations are nothing better than scams for those in charge to get rich. If you want to give money to the United Way, give to the local chapters, otherwise the majority of your money goes to overhead.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    That's why when I was participating in the CFC I chose the local food bank. Many of the bigger, so called charity, organizations are nothing better than scams for those in charge to get rich. If you want to give money to the United Way, give to the local chapters, otherwise the majority of your money goes to overhead.

Yup. They spend marketing money to attract donated money to spend more money which means spending more marketing money...it’s a vicious circle.

If I see a TV commercial for a charity, I ain’t giving to that charity.

Staying local is the only way to help ensure that the bulk of your donation goes to where you intend it to go.

If I give $100 to a charity, it’s not to buy ad space to attract more suckers.

Some charities are businesses first.
    Take Susan B Komen...finding a cure is secondary or tertiary to their cause. That’s why they sue other charities for copyright infringement. Their primary reason for existence is to ensure the money doesn’t stop flowing into their coffers.

This article agrees with Komen...I call bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom