• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    I have a much broader dislike/view of commercials. Did you ever notice how many commercials are about drugs, medication, medical procedures, newest ways to cut, trim carve or modify our bodies? That is a nationwide curse! They try to make us afraid of everything and offer a cure......drugs!

The doctors no longer practice healing medicine. It's all about drugs, drug companies and hooking us on medications. Notice too, how we used to get drugs that stated "Take one as needed." Now, they put us on programs that pump a pill or more per day into us and hook us to the drug companies like cash cows. Every day we take pills that pump funds directly into the drug companies and they sell the crap on TV like it's good for us!

My last lady friend had a lot of medical problems and took a Hell of a lot of pills. Being an old doper, I kept hinting around that maybe that wasn't a good idea but one day I just went off on her and hit the frickin' ceiling. They had her on one drug then two more to counter the side effects of the first one. Then the other crap she took had similar side effects and interactions. Meanwhile, she's going bankrupt just paying for the dope!

In the drug culture, that is called "goofballing" An upper takes you up and a downer takes you down and you bounce between them like a ping pong ball.

I insisted that she go to another doctor who took her off of 75% of the medications. Guess what? Her health got much better!

They sell that crap on TV every hour of the day and teach us that if we aren't how we want to be.....take some dope!

If you have high blood pressure............. a REAL doctor would advise you to lose weight, exercise and get off the booze. That makes sense. Instead......they give you Benecar at $2.00/pill every day or even better, twice per day. My Benecar had a diuretic in it that dried me out and gave me a run of kidney stones......over & over until we figured out what caused it. Ever had a kidney stone pass? I never had one until I got on that dope.

The Benecar went in the trash, I lost weight, rode my bicycle 3,414 miles last year and my BP is 124/78 as I type this..............and I'm royally pissed off! It usually runs 116/72 and that ain't bad for a 65 year old male!

NO MORE DRUGS! Quit selling that stuff like it's good for us. Drugs are NOT good for us. Drugs are good for doctors and drug companies!

WTF!

Flash

Don't even get me started, I don't refer to them as doctors much anymore, just pill pushers. I've lost two family members to "drug overdose" and NO it wasn't meth or cocaine. They were on medications to counteract the side effects from medications they were taking for side effects from other medications. I wish I was exaggerating.

I also love the DVR. When I have to watch something live, I notice they also have tons of food commericals late at night. No wonder we're so fat. Half way through a 10:00 pm. movie I'm hungry for ribs! Maybe they are targeting the stoners who are getting the late night munchies.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I watch TV infrequently enough so that most of these commercials are novel and humorous to me.
    I think I've seen the commercial in question about three times, and that's it. I found it entertaining.
    I look at commercials like that as kind of a "mini-skit".

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I have a much broader dislike/view of commercials. Did you ever notice how many commercials are about drugs, medication, medical procedures, newest ways to cut, trim carve or modify our bodies? That is a nationwide curse! They try to make us afraid of everything and offer a cure......drugs!

The doctors no longer practice healing medicine. It's all about drugs, drug companies and hooking us on medications. Notice too, how we used to get drugs that stated "Take one as needed." Now, they put us on programs that pump a pill or more per day into us and hook us to the drug companies like cash cows. Every day we take pills that pump funds directly into the drug companies and they sell the crap on TV like it's good for us!

My last lady friend had a lot of medical problems and took a Hell of a lot of pills. Being an old doper, I kept hinting around that maybe that wasn't a good idea but one day I just went off on her and hit the frickin' ceiling. They had her on one drug then two more to counter the side effects of the first one. Then the other crap she took had similar side effects and interactions. Meanwhile, she's going bankrupt just paying for the dope!

In the drug culture, that is called "goofballing" An upper takes you up and a downer takes you down and you bounce between them like a ping pong ball.

I insisted that she go to another doctor who took her off of 75% of the medications. Guess what? Her health got much better!

They sell that crap on TV every hour of the day and teach us that if we aren't how we want to be.....take some dope!

If you have high blood pressure............. a REAL doctor would advise you to lose weight, exercise and get off the booze. That makes sense. Instead......they give you Benecar at $2.00/pill every day or even better, twice per day. My Benecar had a diuretic in it that dried me out and gave me a run of kidney stones......over & over until we figured out what caused it. Ever had a kidney stone pass? I never had one until I got on that dope.

The Benecar went in the trash, I lost weight, rode my bicycle 3,414 miles last year and my BP is 124/78 as I type this..............and I'm royally pissed off! It usually runs 116/72 and that ain't bad for a 65 year old male!

NO MORE DRUGS! Quit selling that stuff like it's good for us. Drugs are NOT good for us. Drugs are good for doctors and drug companies!

WTF!

Flash

Yep, annoys me. I love hearing the side-effects list on these things. You can take care of some minor condition as long as possible paralysis or death is an OK side effect...

The other thing I hate about commercials is that the man is always the idiot. Dad means well, but mom is the brains. The woman is always keeping her man from doing something idiotic. Sexism sucks.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    I'm sick of the commercials aimed at smokers. I don't smoke and really don't think the images of stomas, stumps and other medical misadventures deters the target audience.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I'm sick of the commercials aimed at smokers. I don't smoke and really don't think the images of stomas, stumps and other medical misadventures deters the target audience.

I'm with you. But add to it the other list of "public service" announcements, like the anti-bullying campaign and the click it or ticket (I always think to myself...screw you, go stick it). Can't wait for the "Oh, you can't let your kids drink soda or whatever else." Good idea, but none of your damn business! The part that really tweaks me is that I'm paying for it.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication

I'll agree with you on that. It's bad enough they have to be nannies about smoking, but worse to shove it down your throat while you're trying to watch TV.

Strelok

Ста́лкер
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Balcones Fault
    You know what I'm really, really fed up with? I'm absolutely done with these advertisers
    who try to appeal to Baby Boomers, Yuppies, and anyone else about 40 and older with
    ads that use music or movies from the popular culture we know/knew.

Maybe so but I'm guessing in several more years in the future you will probably miss these.
    It's only a matter of time before the next generation is the target by the Advertisers you hate
    and you'll have to put up with commercials using Rap and Hip Hop as the next "golden oldies".

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    He's a burnt out old metal head with a few awesome songs. What else do you need to know?

I enjoy Ozzy's music, but like most other entertainers I can't see myself enjoying their company on a personal level. I know the commercial you are talking about, and think it's pretty funny. Not sure exactly what they are selling, tho. I think the SUV.

I often find commercials entertaining, but seldom actually pay attention to the pitch.

not that many years...

pearl jam is now "classic rock"

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Maybe so but I'm guessing in several more years in the future you will probably miss these.
    It's only a matter of time before the next generation is the target by the Advertisers you hate
    and you'll have to put up with commercials using Rap and Hip Hop as the next "golden oldies".

I'd wager I won't miss them. I'm one of the few people on this planet who apparently doesn't watch the halftime commercials during the Superbowl. Even during the Superbowl I'm turning to other stations during commercials, I just can't stand them.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I'd wager I won't miss them. I'm one of the few people on this planet who apparently doesn't watch the halftime commercials during the Superbowl. Even during the Superbowl I'm turning to other stations during commercials, I just can't stand them.

Honestly, one of the reasons I stopped watching ANY sports on TV years ago, is because of all the damned commercials!
    You literally canNOT just enjoy a game without some commercial interrupting the action.

Ironically, now in the age of TIVO and other such devices - I still don't watch.

I think maybe it's because today's "sports heroes" would never hold a candle to the talented athletes of years past.
    Yeah - there may be a few exceptions, but for the most part, today's sports are garbage. Just my own opinion.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom