Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I heard that the president would be making a press statement on the situation in Iran this morning. Anyone hear what time it's planned for?
    Thx

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Iran is saber rattling with this recent attack. Very minor damage and no US loss of life. Trump should denounce the attack and downplay it for its very minimum effect. No need for any escalated military response from us.

About the downed passenger airliner... I think this was either a mistake from a SAM battery that thought it was a US warplane OR it was a deliberate attack to divert attention from their attack in Iraq. Interesting coincidence that the passenger plane did not have any Americans on it.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It's a swing and a miss. We had more service men and women within closer striking distance. The bases they targeted were within Sunni and Kurd occupied areas. It was a message to them as much as it was to us, also a message to their own people. Iran wants to appear to be standing up to the baddest kid on the block, without getting pummeled.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ...About the downed passenger airliner... it was a deliberate attack...
    The target as a Boeing 737-800 and occurred during the initial climb out. I suspect they chose the target and engagement envelope intentionally to portray it as another Boeing MAX-type incident.

The videos circulating absolutely dispel that notion, the debris field indicates an in-flight break up, and the photos of large pieces that have been circulated indicate a prox-fuse frag pattern in conjunction with an uncontained fire. The regime probably thought they could sink Boeing (and the US economy) with that attack.

That it was registered to the Ukraine gives a plausible excuse of a maintenance related failure, as the Ukrainians might be the *best* among the FSU states, they still fall short of western standards and practices for commercial aviation maintenance, if the Boeing association doesn’t stick (which is isn’t so far, for a lot of reasons).

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I thought that the president summed it up very well. My takeaways:
    * Iran is done. Sanctions will increase
    * If you are a terrorist leader, you better find a new line of work. Fast.
    * Iran, stop development on nuclear weapons
    * All nations are hereby put on notice: this is how we respond to nonsense
    * I am going to direct NATO to be more involved in the Middle East
    (not too sure how that last one will work out, but a valiant effort)

Edit. One more:
    * Don't question my call on Solemaini. He was a bad dude and needed to be offed. (hidden message to Dim senators: I don't need to provide you with any "evidence" that he planned "imminent attacks". You can ask again and you will get it with my tax returns. Ha ha.)

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Iran is not done. They have been doing this for 40 years.

All they will do is lay low on terror, nukes, etc for a little while.

They will use 3rd parties and work harder to remove their fingerprints from ops.

They are playing long game and waiting 12 months to see if US gets a new POTUS and can resume its ways is Einstein time to them.

Top Bottom