• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tonyt79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2017
    Lavon
    Looks like a symbolic attack to save face. Iraq Base, no US casualties. Hopefully this is a wakeup call to Trump that nothing good can come of our presence in Iraq, time to bring everyone home.

I agree but maybe wait a few months before bringing our troops home. Now would probably be a sign a weakness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    94485.jpeg

Ninja'd

Attachments

• 94485.jpeg
      94485.jpeg
      63.1 KB · Views: 514
    Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    A U.S. official said an initial assessment indicated there were no U.S. casualties at the Al Asad base, although there were Iraqi casualties. No information from assessments at the Erbil base were immediately available.

A first lieutenant in the Iraq army who was near the Al Asad base when the attack took place said he counted nine explosions. Helicopters were flying over the base, he said. An aide to the prime minister of the autonomous Kurdish region, where Erbil is located, said no impact was reported on the U.S. Consulate or the airport compound where coalition forces are based.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Spec ops should be able to make short work of their infrastructure including their ships. Will be interesting to see how this progresses.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I think this is just some show of force from Iran and the US had intel on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've heard mumbles that this is what happened. Either it was coordinated through back channels or reasonably expected by US spooks. Basically Iran gets to make a show of force to look tough, doesn't actually hurt anyone or damage much stuff, and everyone can go back to their people, say they acted tough, and let stuff calm down.

I really hope that's what it is. A bad guy died, the other side gets to bark and look like they did something, and everything goes back to at least the cold level of crap we had before.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    So Trump may have been correct again.

Give the bully a bloody nose and they will back down.

Not that the news or Dems will ever admit that.

back door deal Hey Trump let us save face by shooting some rockets at your empty bases Can we please come back to the table and get some of the sanctions removed.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom