• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Just bought an iPad 7 for my wife. She wanted something to take photos and share with her friends. Well, she's not at all computer savvy so it's up to me to set it up and get it running. LOL, I know nothing about the iPad either. And guess what....it comes with absolutely NO INSTRUCTIONS. I had to Google how to turn it on.

I think I've figured out how to get the email set up. Now to work on the photo sharing. This thing seems to have a lot of potential. Just have to figure out how to unleash it.
    ARJ Defense ad

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    Congrats to a less frustrating tech world.

I haven’t touched a computer since I bought my iPad 2. I now have an iPad Pro.

It’s been so nice not dealing with any viruses for the past 6-7 years. I don’t miss Windows at all. If for some reason I DO get a computer in the future, it will be a Mac.

No instructions is a good thing in my opinion. I always struggled with computers and the computer logic (oxymoron!). You will find that common sense navigates well with an iPad.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    General rule of thumb regarding instructions: The more complete and detailed the instructions are - the less you're apt to need them. Missing or minimal instructions - the device is so complex even the MFG. couldn't figure out how it works!

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Just bought an iPad 7 for my wife. She wanted something to take photos and share with her friends. Well, she's not at all computer savvy so it's up to me to set it up and get it running. LOL, I know nothing about the iPad either. And guess what....it comes with absolutely NO INSTRUCTIONS. I had to Google how to turn it on.

I think I've figured out how to get the email set up. Now to work on the photo sharing. This thing seems to have a lot of potential. Just have to figure out how to unleash it.

Find out what iOS version it uses, then do a YouTube search for how-to vids. There’s tons of good vids that’ll go thru all the details

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    You’ll figure it out quickly. It’s all pretty simple once you use it a bit.

One suggestion is to get a Bluetooth keyboard for any extended writing. Typing on the touchscreen is ok for short stuff like this post. But a small Bluetooth keyboard sure helps for more serious typing.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Welcome to the 21st century. ;)

Basic operation is intuitive (used to be more so, but the millennial programmer brats have Jobs spinning in his grave).

As pronstar mentioned above, YouTube is your best friend, and you can learn/practice while you're watching.

I ran my construction business with one while onsite for a few years, and Blondie runs her entire operation on one using an iPad Pro, including holding faculty meeting and giving lessons to students online.

She'll love it, if for nothing else but social media ...

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    Congrats to a less frustrating tech world.

I haven’t touched a computer since I bought my iPad 2. I now have an iPad Pro.

It’s been so nice not dealing with any viruses for the past 6-7 years. I don’t miss Windows at all. If for some reason I DO get a computer in the future, it will be a Mac.

No instructions is a good thing in my opinion. I always struggled with computers and the computer logic (oxymoron!). You will find that common sense navigates well with an iPad.
    Viruses are basically obsolete and fairly rare, unless you're doing very stupid things with your computer. Malware is far more prevalent and doesn't care if you have an iPad or Mac or PC.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    The Apple platform will almost run itself and will allow you to access almost everything on all the Apple devices you own (if that’s what you wish). You can google and find how to do everything but don’t be shy to reach out to Apple via one of their local stores. I also agree with an iPad if you add the keyboard should make it much more like a computer when needed.

I made the switch a year ago. I can’t believe I waited this long to do it. Phone & Mac just work hand in hand.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom