iPad 7th Gen

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Oct 5, 2013
Georgetown
Just bought an iPad 7 for my wife. She wanted something to take photos and share with her friends. Well, she's not at all computer savvy so it's up to me to set it up and get it running. LOL, I know nothing about the iPad either. And guess what....it comes with absolutely NO INSTRUCTIONS. I had to Google how to turn it on.

I think I've figured out how to get the email set up. Now to work on the photo sharing. This thing seems to have a lot of potential. Just have to figure out how to unleash it.

Reinz

Well-Known
Sep 5, 2014
East TX
Congrats to a less frustrating tech world.

I haven’t touched a computer since I bought my iPad 2. I now have an iPad Pro.

It’s been so nice not dealing with any viruses for the past 6-7 years. I don’t miss Windows at all. If for some reason I DO get a computer in the future, it will be a Mac.

No instructions is a good thing in my opinion. I always struggled with computers and the computer logic (oxymoron!). You will find that common sense navigates well with an iPad.

Dougw1515

Jul 14, 2020
USA
General rule of thumb regarding instructions: The more complete and detailed the instructions are - the less you're apt to need them. Missing or minimal instructions - the device is so complex even the MFG. couldn't figure out how it works!

pronstar

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 2, 2017
Dallas
Just bought an iPad 7 for my wife. She wanted something to take photos and share with her friends. Well, she's not at all computer savvy so it's up to me to set it up and get it running. LOL, I know nothing about the iPad either. And guess what....it comes with absolutely NO INSTRUCTIONS. I had to Google how to turn it on.

I think I've figured out how to get the email set up. Now to work on the photo sharing. This thing seems to have a lot of potential. Just have to figure out how to unleash it.
Find out what iOS version it uses, then do a YouTube search for how-to vids. There’s tons of good vids that’ll go thru all the details

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GoPappy

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
You’ll figure it out quickly. It’s all pretty simple once you use it a bit.

One suggestion is to get a Bluetooth keyboard for any extended writing. Typing on the touchscreen is ok for short stuff like this post. But a small Bluetooth keyboard sure helps for more serious typing.

karlac

Gone fishin' ...
TGT Supporter
Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2013
WestU, TX
Welcome to the 21st century. ;)

Basic operation is intuitive (used to be more so, but the millennial programmer brats have Jobs spinning in his grave).

As pronstar mentioned above, YouTube is your best friend, and you can learn/practice while you're watching.

I ran my construction business with one while onsite for a few years, and Blondie runs her entire operation on one using an iPad Pro, including holding faculty meeting and giving lessons to students online.

She'll love it, if for nothing else but social media ...

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
Jan 25, 2019
Red Oak TX
Congrats to a less frustrating tech world.

I haven’t touched a computer since I bought my iPad 2. I now have an iPad Pro.

It’s been so nice not dealing with any viruses for the past 6-7 years. I don’t miss Windows at all. If for some reason I DO get a computer in the future, it will be a Mac.

No instructions is a good thing in my opinion. I always struggled with computers and the computer logic (oxymoron!). You will find that common sense navigates well with an iPad.
Viruses are basically obsolete and fairly rare, unless you're doing very stupid things with your computer. Malware is far more prevalent and doesn't care if you have an iPad or Mac or PC.

sidebite252

Well-Known
Mar 26, 2013
Lake Texoma
The Apple platform will almost run itself and will allow you to access almost everything on all the Apple devices you own (if that’s what you wish). You can google and find how to do everything but don’t be shy to reach out to Apple via one of their local stores. I also agree with an iPad if you add the keyboard should make it much more like a computer when needed.

I made the switch a year ago. I can’t believe I waited this long to do it. Phone & Mac just work hand in hand.

Big Green

Wife, kids, ARs, Glocks and Jeeps. What a life!
TGT Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
College Station
I got iPads for the wife and I last Black Friday. We love them. Recently bought an iMac for the kids for homeschool use.

Top Bottom